City Girls and Country Songs

Maya would never dare tell Lucas that she liked country music. She would never dare tell him she owned the most plaid in the world. She would never dare tell him that she could ride a horse, or craved the way the sun set over his grandma's farm, or that she just couldn't live without her cowgirl boots.

No no. As far as Lucas knew, Maya was a city girl. And that's how she intended to keep it.

But eventually one thing led to another and Riley started talking and Zay started talking and they were sharing secrets with each other and Riley found out Lucas stool a dirt bike and rode it into the glass entrance of their school and Zay found out that Maya had this secret life of hers.

So this was it. This was the death of Maya Penelope Hart. (At least as far as she was concerned).

They still don't talk about it because whenever they do, Maya gives Lucas the death glare to end all death glares and Lucas becomes genuinely scared.

That was the eighth grade. This was sophomore year of college.

And Maya just had to had to had to go to the Country in the City event that was happening in Central Park (and free to the public Lucas!) And Riley was sick and Zay didn't like crowds and Farkle would never been seen dead in a country music concert so her last resort was Lucas. But he really wasn't a 'last resort' because he had become her best friend and they did everything together. They had corndogs that afternoon as they made their way to the stage. And Maya had on a light blue tank top and short white shorts and her boots and a flower crown and was determined to get Carrie Underwood to notice her (because it's Carrie freaking Underwood Lucas!)

So he did whatever she wanted. And he didn't mind one bit. Because when Maya was cold he wrapped his arms around her and Luke Bryan came on stage and sang Play It Again and she turned around in his arms and danced with him, (against her better judgement and I swear Lucas if you tell anyone) because Luke is her favorite and that song is her favorite and she honestly didn't care what anyone thought. And he was singing in her ear and warming her up and falling in love and he honestly didn't care what anyone thought.

So afterwards he bought her a Carrie Underwood t-shirt and walked her home and she thanked him over and over and over again and invited him in to sleep on the couch because his dorm was all the way across campus and it was two in the morning. And he saw her collection of country music and thanked his lucky stars as he was lying on her living room couch that night with her on the other side that he moved from Texas to New York and found a girl with the most of both.

(A/N: Y'all I logged on for the first time in forever and saw that this book had over 6,000 reads! Thank you thank you thank you so so so much guys! I hope to come back to writing more frequently and I hope that you liked this. Any ideas or suggestions for future stories? Comment and favorite! Love y'all so much more than you can imagine.)