Chapter 33 - First Move.

Start from the beginning

Aunt Shay gripped tighter and let out a loud wail, when she seen the doctors pull and wrap Noah up. As Noah cried and took his first breath, the doctors rushed him over to the table to clean him up. Aunt Shay smiled, leaning back into her pillow.

"Can I see my baby girl?" Aunt Shay smiled, talking in a raspy and exhausted tone.

"Girl?" The doctor laughed. "Sweetie, this is a boy?"

"A boy?!" Aunt Shay scowled.

"Shay, you have one more baby to push out. It should be a lot easier to push out now that you got your first baby on the way." The doctors smiled. "Push!"

Aunt Shay took a few deep breaths, then gripped onto my mom and Damon's hand again. This time, she squeezed Isaiah out within 5 minutes. Her full two watermelon stomach was now the size of a pudgy woman. As Isaiah cried as well, the doctors smiled and cleaned both of the babies up.

"Congratulations, Shay!" The doctors smiled. "You delivered your twin boys well."

"Twin boys?" My grandmother, mother, and Damon gasped.

"Yes!"

"Wait a minute, my doctor told me that I was having twin girls. I even got everything for girls at my baby shower!" Aunt Shay plead. "I-I was even going to name them Tamryn and Camryn!"

"Nope. Both babies have penises." The male doctor smiled as he wrapped both babies up in blue blankets and handed them to her. "Here ya' go!"

Isaiah and Noah both had their eyes closed shut as Aunt Shay gazed at them for the first time. They kept their clenched fingers by their faces as Damon took one of the babies.

"This ones gonna be tough like me!" Damon smiled, holding Isaiah.

"Well, what should I name them?" Aunt Shay asked. "I haven't thought of any boy names."

My mom, grandmother, and Damon sat in the room wondering about some rhyming twin names.

"Jake and Blake?" My mother suggested.

"What the hell, Teresa?" Aunt Shay scoffed. "Do my kids look white to you?"

"Hey!" The white doctors smiled as they cleaned off her sheets.

"Sorry..." Aunt Shay gasped.

"What about......Tray and Kay?" My grandmother asked.

"Nah. Too girly."

"Damon and Kadon?" Damon offered.

"Well I'd love that, but I don't want one of the twins to take after your name when they were both born at once." Aunt Shay sighed.

So for the whole two hours, people came and went to visit Isaiah and Noah. Meanwhile, our family was stuck trying to find good names.

"Kenny and Benny?"

"DJ and EJ?"

"Chad and Brad?"

"Jason and Tyson?"

At this point, my grandmother didn't even bother to pitch in anymore. As she read the bible in her chair in the corner of the room, she came across two names that caught her eye.

"Hey, why don't you name them Isaiah and Noah?" My grandmother asked in her soft tone.

Everyone in the room lit up once they heard those names. My grandmother slowly nodded her head, placing her hands together.

"That way both boys can be blessed with two names fresh from the bible." My grandmother nodded. "They're Jesus's children like all of us."

My grandmother was a little too spiritual sometimes, but it was alright. As the doctors walked back into the room to do a daily checkup, Aunt Shay decided to speak up.