Chapter 30

Song of the chapter: Major Lazer-Cold water ft Justin Bieber & MØ
-

Lana's POV

Walking into the kitchen I looked around for an ice pack, checking in the fridge I found a few packets in the lower compartment of the fridge. Taking two I quickly grabbed a clean cloth in one of the lower cupboards.

"Lana can we talk" I heard Xander say as he reached out towards me.

"Look can we just do this in the morning, I'm really tired and I still have homework to do" I pleaded before walking past him and Theo.

As I walked down the hall and up the steps I faintly heard Theo say to Xander "leave her be". Walking into the bathroom I noticed that it was empty, Heath was gone and the place was as clean as it had been before I had left.

Turning around I looked down the hall seeing that my room was now open, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion I walked towards my room. Hunched over on my bed I saw Heath, his back was towards me as he looked around my dimly lit spacious room.

"I-I thought you left" I coughed out making him freeze.

"Just wanted to explore that's all" he said gruffly as he stood up from my bed placing a picture of my parents, Theo and me on the nightstand.

"You don't have any recent pictures of you and your family" Heath spoke as he took the ice pack from my hands.

"M-my parents are dead" I whispered as I brushed past him towards the window sill where I sat down.

The curtain was wide open revealing the almost dark cloudy sky, looking across from me I noticed that it was now 7:30. I rested my head on my knees as my mind wandered off towards the death of my parents and the death of my aunt.

Something didn't add up

Heath was so quiet as he watched my sit down and ponder, that I almost forgot that he was even in the room with me. His silence was filling up the room like water in a tank. Out of the corner of my eye I watched as he attended to his bruises not making a sound.

"Heath, what happened?" I questioned him as I leaned my head against the window.

"..."

"Look I just want to help" I said.

"Well, I don't want your help" Heath shouted making me flinch.

It was silent for a while and it was killing me, I understand that I crossed my boundaries by touching his brand mark since he did not give me permission, but he was being a real dick now and proving to be even more difficult.

"I think you should stay the night" I murmured as I looked elsewhere.

"I'm fine I'll just walk home" he grunted as he quickly wore his shirt.

"It's getting late j-just stay the night" I said as I turned towards him facing him.

"Who are you to tell me to stay, this isn't even your house" he spoke bitterly making me flinch.

He's right this isn't even my house

"But it is my house and it's also Lana's so if she wants you to stay then stay" Lissa interrupted as she leaned against the door.