Chapter 21

Song of the chapter: Labrinth- Earthquake
..............................................................

Lana's POV

Bullets whizzed through the windows breaking vases, mirrors, pictures and glass. Fragments of glass shattered and flew through the air past me as I was pushed to the floor by Xander.

His body hovered over mine as I stared into his eyes, tears cascading my cheeks as I held onto him. Fear clouded my vision as Theo's men stood up holding their own guns shooting at their targets outside.

Feeling Xander slip from my fingertips I was pulled into someone else's arms, only to see that it was Lissa. She crawled behind a couch ushering me to follow her as we hid behind it.

"Shh don't cry, everything's going to be fine" she whispered ignoring the shouts and the sounds of bullets whizzing through the air.

Pulling me into her chest she covered my ears with both hers and my hands, whispering sweet nothings to me as I let out quiet sniffles.

"Lissa, I-I'm scared" I whispered as my eyes caught one of the bodyguards get shot making me gasp quietly.

"Shh just close your eyes" she said but I couldn't.

The sound of heavy foot steps drew near towards us making my body freeze in anticipation. As the figure came in sight Lissa was quick to pull out her own gun.

"It's only me ma" Xander said as he knelt down beside us, his face was slightly bloody.

"What's going on out there" Lissa asked

"You guys need to leave-" he said but was cut off by the sound of pounding coming from the door.

My eyes widened as Lissa quickly grabbed my hand pulling me along side her. We ran through the hallway, into the kitchen before finally reaching another hallway.

I watched as she quickly unlocked a door which revealed someones office, I followed Lissa into the room where she pushed aside one of the couches. Behind the couch was a blank wall but as soon as Lissa knocked on the wall three times it opened revealing a small vent.

"Now I need you to go inside here and crawl as far as you can until you reach a small room, take this with you just in case" she said as she gave me a small pocket knife.

"B-but what about you" I asked as she ushered me towards the vent.

"Look there is no t-" she was caught off by the sounds of shouts from the hallway.

"Go go go" she whisper yelled at me as I crawled into the vent.

I heard the sound of the door close as I caught a glimpse of her face before it went dark. It was silent as I continued to crawl through the vent, my breathing was quick and panicky as I made my way through the maze.

I had a feeling in my stomach that I was probably close to a room when I noticed a small light reflect into the vent. Crawling faster I could feel my heart race in my chest as a small smile made its way onto my face, as I neared the door.

That was until the door slowly began to open making my smile drop immediately, taking an abrupt turn I hid scared that whoever it was would find me.

"Do you think she's in here" a voice said.

"There's only one way to find out" another said and I took that as my chance to go.

Crawling even faster then before I could hear the sound of them behind me as they talked amongst themselves. I knew that they were probably far behind from me but my mind was telling me another story.

I could see another door as I neared to it but as I drew closer two figures crawled past it talking amongst themselves making me turn to the right. My hands were burning and so were my knees from crawling, my back was sore from being in the cramped vent.

I was tired and as much as I wanted to give up I couldn't. I dragged myself towards another door not caring if I get caught and as soon as my hands touched the door, I felt a jolt of adrenaline run through my veins.

Reversing from the door I made a turn so my feet were facing the door. When I faced the door I began to kick it frantically as I could hear the sound of someone coming. Kicking harder and faster a jolt of pain made its way up my leg making me bite my lip in agony.

Ignoring the sensation I gave the door one last kick which opened it, I pulled myself out quickly as the men drew closer and as soon as I made my way out I closed the door to the vent.

I let out a sigh of relief as I closed my eyes for a brief moment turning around and as I opened my eyes I was greeted with guns pointing directly at me.

Well shît

-

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter
Please vote and comment
I'll be sure to update soon
- Rio