Chapter 15

(Edited)
Song of the chapter: Stay - Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko
*************************

"Today is an opportunity to get better, don't waste it"

*************************

Lana's POV

I stared down at my lap ignoring Xander's strong gaze that I could feel burning into my flesh. Lifting my hand I wiped away a tear that trickled down my cheek. The room was silent, the only sound that could be heard was the quiet beep from the heart monitor beside me.

"I'm sorry piccolo" he muttered as he plopped into the seat beside my bed.

A smile creeped it's way onto my face at the nickname as I continued to stare down at my lap.

"Back again with the pickles" I commented making him chuckle.

"I was worried you know" he whispered as he looked into my eyes.

I could see his emotions building up into regret, guilt, sadness and anger as he examined my face. His gaze slowly dropped down to my arms before he looked up and stared into my eyes.

"He did this to you" he said as he raised up my arm slightly which fashioned a faint hand print that bruised around my wrist.

I attempted to turn my head away from him but he softly held my chin before I could, making me stare into his eyes.

"This is what you've been hiding, all these bruises under your hoodie" he whispered more to himself as he took everything in.

"I-I'm so behind in school" I groaned changing the subject making him raise an eyebrow.

"Don't worry Leo has that covered, he got extra work from most of your teachers for you to catch up" he said as he stretched.

I nodded my head grateful for what Leo did as I made a mental note to thank him later.

"You know we never finished the art project" I said as I turned towards him, my legs swinging off the bedside as I faced him.

"It's ok, I managed to finish part of it" he said as he continued to stare at me making my ears turn red.

"Im sorry" he said as he gave me a small smile.

"For what" I said quizzically.

"My mom, she went shopping buying you a lot of clothes since you're going to be living with us for a while, I mean if you want" he said nervously.

I nodded my head agreeing with the idea of living with them.

I bit my lip as I looked down at my lap making Xander scrunch his eyebrows in confusion as he stared at me.

"What?" He said puzzled as he continued to stare at me intensely.

"N-nothing, it's just that you keep staring at me" I said in embarrassment as I squirmed slightly.

A smirk appeared on his face making my stomach drop as he leaned towards me closely. I immediately became self conscious at his close proximity as my heart race seemed to speed up on the heart monitor beside me.

"Am I making you nervous?" He said huskily making my cheeks redden but I was so glad that I had a dark complexion so he couldn't see it.