Chapter 9

Song of chapter: The worst Jhene Aiko (Chase Miles Remix)

.............................................................................................

"Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon, and each month it cries for a love it will never touch"
                       -Unknown

.............................................................................................

Lana's POV

I felt the soft mattress underneath me as I stretched..wait what?. I quickly sat up looking around me only to realise I was on a bed in a dark navy room, the long draped curtains were slightly open letting in a small breeze.

I stood up my feet touching the cold wooden floorboards that creaked silently under my weight. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed my small duffel bag in the corner of the room, I walked over to it picking it up in my arms before opening a door that led to a bathroom.

Walking inside I placed the duffel bag on the floor before opening it to get my tooth brush and some toothpaste. Turning on the tap I rinsed my toothbrush with water, sloppily adding on some tooth paste before I started to brush my teeth.

Once I finished I washed my brush again before putting it into my bag along with the tooth paste.

When I walked back into the room again Xander was on the bed his back was faced towards me, slightly hunched over.

"Eh morning" I said

"Morning" he muttered.

"T-thanks for um..letting me sleep in your room" I nervously said reaching my hand up to rub my neck but I made a quick save by just stretching as I didn't want him to see the you-know-what...

Smooth Lana smooth...

"What made you think it was my room" he replied

"Well maybe the dark furnishing and a few pictures here and there of em you... I guess" I said

I looked over at the nightstand closest to him noticing a picture of A girl with brown hair and brown eyes under Xander's arm a bright smile on both of their faces. Walking over I picked up the picture staring at the beautiful girl.

Maybe it's his girlfriend or something

"She's pretty, who is she"I said quietly

Me saying this seemed to catch his attention as he grabbed the photo from me placing it face down on the nightstand.

"Are you ok-"

"Im fine, just fine" pain was obvious in his voice as his eyes failed to meet mine.

I watched as he stood up slowly before walking past me towards the door like he had completely ignored my presence.

"Breakfast is ready downstairs and..."he said but pursed his lips as though he was thinking about what he would say next but he continued on,

"We can start our project after breakfast....to get it over with"

His tone was blank no emotion was grasped in his tone making me worry slightly, I mean what got his CK in a twist. I stared at his facial features watching as his jaw clicked, his dark eyes casted low.