Chapter 17

Song of the Chapter: Right My Wrongs- Bryson Tiller
...........................................
"Take that L you loose"
- Roy Woods

Lana's POV

School was now over and me and Xander had walked to the diner which was about ten minutes away from school. We walked towards the red diner arriving at the door Xander opened the door for me, saying a quiet thank you I entered the small diner.

The place wasn't as crowded as I expected as I looked around seeing a few old couples near a booth in a corner, a man sitting on a stool reading a newspaper and a women on her phone by the small tables.

Taking a seat in a booth with Xander opposite me I grabbed the menu to see what's good. Feeling eyes on me I stared up lowering the menu only to meet Xander's eyes on me making me blush.

"Why are you staring at me like that" I asked dropping the menu on the table, passing it towards him.

He just shook his head chuckling quietly to himself as he picked up the menu. I raised an eyebrow as he continued to chuckle but stopped when a waitress came towards our table.

I gave the older woman a smile before saying hello.

"So what would you like sweetie" she addressed me a smile on her face.

"Can I just have a strawberry milkshake, fries and a hamburger please" I said as she jotted down my order.

"So a strawberry milkshake, fries and a hamburger,yes and Xander you want the regular?" The woman said as she took a step back when Xander replied with a nod.

"So you come here pretty often" I said as I looked over at Xander.

"I come here every Thursday, besides its the only day I get free food since my aunt owns this place" he said leaning back slightly a smile on his face as his eyes glistened with happiness.

"Wow really, who's your aunt?" I questioned as I saw the woman that had taken our orders was coming towards us, our food on a tray in her hands.

"Here you go, and enjoy" she said before ruffling Xander's hair.

I stared at the two for a few minutes before it clicked, she was his aunt.

"This is my aunt Grace" Xander introduced me to Grace as I gave her hand a shake.

-

Xander and I had stayed at the diner for hours just talking to Grace, she was so bubbly and full of life and for her age she acted like she was a teenager.

"So you guys aren't dating yet?" Grace said making me choke on my cookie as Xander let out a cough after drinking his coke.

I blushed casting my gaze down towards the table in embarrassment as Grace started to laugh and Xander joined her soon after, but their laughing slowly started to subside as the sound of the chime from the door sounded in my ear.

I craned my neck toward the door to see what made the once loud diner so silent, only to see a tall man, with brown chocolate skin, his eyes were dark like his clothes as he was clad in all black. Something was very familiar about him and I couldn't help but stare at him.