28. We Made It.

It's graduation day... The day I've been waiting for since the start of high school. My high school years were honestly crap until Ryder came into my life. Guys would just bump past me and not even mutter an apology. Now, the whole school is jealous of Ryder and I. The girls want to be with him, and the guys want to be with me. I'm happy that Ryder and I can possibly go to the same college. We got our letters this morning.

6 Hours Earlier

"Avery, the mail is here!" My mom shouts from the kitchen downstairs. I jump off my bed in a hurry and look out my bedroom window just in time to see the mailman drive away down the street.  I sprint downstairs and fling the front door open. Not bothering to shut it, I run down to the mailbox and open it, pulling my Union State envelope out.

Ripping the envelope open, my eyes scan over the page.

Miss Avery Hart,

We are happy to inform you that Union State would love to accept you in our four year scholarship plan. We can cover the full education you will be receiving. Thank you for choosing Union State College.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Frida

I scream and slam the mailbox shut, running inside the house.

"Mom! I made it in!" I scream.

Ryder's POV

I wake up with the light steaming on my face. Today was the day the letters come in from Union state. I hear my mailbox slam shut and I bolt upright in bed. Slipping on a pair of basketball shorts, I run outside shirtless, eager to see if I made it into Union State. I pull my letter out and read it.

Mister Ryder Slade,

Congratulations! We are happy to inform you that we would love to have you join us at Union State. However, we cannot give you the full scholarship. We can only give you about half the amount for the four years. We are looking forward to seeing you this fall.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Frida

I breathe a sigh of relief. I was perfectly fine with the offer I got. I don't need a full ride, and frankly, I wasn't expecting that. I don't want to let Avery down, because I know that I'll have to pay the $80,000 for the last two years... I don't want her worrying about that now. I walk inside and show my mom the letter. She gives me a big hug and gushes on how proud she is of me. I just chuckle and kiss her cheek, heading upstairs. I walk into my room and find my phone buzzing on my night stand. I look at the name on the screen. Avery.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Ryder guess what?!" She screeches into the phone.

"What love?"

"I got a full ride!"

Avery's POV (Present)

"Brooke, what should I wear?" I ask, plopping onto my bed in defeat.

"I got you fam." Brooke reassures me, walking over to the bag she placed on my desk. She opens the bag up and pulls out a beautiful white lace dress.