18. Houston, We Have a Problem.

      Tossing my phone onto my bed, I sigh at the mess I put myself into.

"Do you think she'll fall for it?" I ask Ryder, who is sprawled across my bean bag chair across the room.

"Hey, don't worry okay? If it doesn't work out, I'll handle it. Now, turn that frown upside down." Ryder says, trying to cheer me up as he walks across my room and puts his two pointer fingers on the corners of my mouth, tilting them up.

"I'll try not to worry... It's getting late, do you wanna stay over? I have those clothes you gave me, so you can just wear those tomorrow."

"Nah, because if we are going to 'break up' tomorrow, it would be better if we went in separate cars." Ryder declines.

"True... You are definitely the brains in the relationship." I joke.

"That, I am. You would be the beauty in the relationship, my love.  I'll see you tomorrow." Ryder says as he kisses my forehead and leaves.

__________________________

      Waking up, I internally groan at the thought of what I have to do today. I hope Ryder's plan works... We have to pretend to break up, so that Nemo will be returned, and then once Nemo is safe and sound, we take the text messages to the principal so Natalia will be suspended or something like that. I get dressed and straighten my hair nicely.

      Walking downstairs and into the kitchen, I frown when I look past Nemo's fish tank, missing his company

      Walking downstairs and into the kitchen, I frown when I look past Nemo's fish tank, missing his company. Not hungry, I grab my bag and head out to my car, making sure to lock the door behind me.

      Once I pull into the school parking lot, I send Ryder a quick text telling him that it's time to start our plan. I step out of the car, and he's instantly hot on my heels.