8. Ave, What is With You and Fruit?

As soon as I got back from Connor's house, I planned on calling Brooke until she picked up the phone.   So, sitting on my living room couch, watching Bubble Guppies, I started calling her.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Voicemail.

      Shrugging, I called again.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Voicemail.

      You know what? I got my marathon of Bubble Guppies to watch... If she doesn't want to talk, I'll just make her tell me everything as soon as she can.  As I'm in my living room dancing to the Bubble Guppies theme song, my phone buzzes on the coffee table. I stopped dancing, and looked to see who it was.

Unknown: Hey, why'd you leave so early, baby doll?
Avery: Ryder?
Unknown: The one and only ;)
Avery: Who gave you my number?

      As he was typing his response, I figured that I would put in his contact.

Bacon Boi: Brooke did, I called her about an hour ago and convinced her to give me your number.
Avery: So, she answers the phone when you call, but not when I do...
Bacon Boi: What do you mean?
Avery: OHHHH WHEN YOU NOD YOUR HEAD YES, BUT YOU WANNA SAY NOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!
Bacon Boi: Ave, wtf.
Avery: Have you never heard that song?
Bacon Boi: No I have, but I have an idea.
Avery: Uh oh, you have an idea? That can't be good...
Bacon Boi: Just open your front door and let me in.
Avery: Let me take a wild guess, Brooke gave you my address too?
Bacon Boi: Why don't you open the door and find out?

      Groaning, I get up from the couch and walk over to the door.  But as I pass through the kitchen, I grab a banana to use as a weapon to protect myself.  Opening the door, I hold up the banana as if it were a gun.  Ryder just stands there with an amused smile on his face.

"Ave, what is with you and fruit?" He asks.

    Giving him a confused look, I shrug my shoulders,  pull him inside and shut the door.  After placing the banana back on the table, I stare at him and cross my arms.

"What was your oh-so-wonderful idea?" I ask sarcastically.

Ryder chuckles.

"Actually, it was to take you to the carnival. You like carnivals right? Cause it would suck if you didn't, cause that would mean I came all the way over here for nothing a-"

"Carnivals are actually really fun, quit your rambling cause I'd love to go." I cut him off.

"Good, but don't worry, we can just go as friends." He adds.

Friends. I hate that word now.  Of course this wouldn't be a date Ave, pull it together.

I nod. "So, I'm just going to go get changed... I'll be down in a second."

      Looking over to Nemo's tank, I add, "And Nemo, keep an eye on him..."

      As I make my way up the stairs, I hear Ryder chuckle and take a seat on my couch.

      Okay, now here's where the problem begins. I don't know what to wear, even though we are only going as friends, I still want to look nice and impress him.  After looking through everything I own, I decided to wear a pair of red leggings, with a tan sweater,  an animal print scarf, and a pair of brown combat boots.  To get the gross messy curls out of my hair, I just straightened it and pulled two pieces of hair behind my head and clipping them in the back with a black bow.  After applying mascara and putting on deodorant and perfume, I grab my little side bag and head downstairs.  Walking into the room, I hear Ryder say,

"Finally! Why do girls take so long to get ready?"

"Calm down, we just have to make sure we look absolutely perfect, whereas guys just throw on whatever doesn't smell the worst on their floor." I retort.

"Mmhmm..." He mumbles and takes my hand, pulling me through the door.   He tries to pull me in the direction of his car, and at the same time, I'm trying to pull him in the direction of my car.

"Pretty please, can we ride in Dory?" I ask, pouting my bottom lip.  Ryder just looks and my lips and groans, nodding his head yes. I think I heard him mumble, "You and those damn lips." Or something like that.  Since Ryder is sitting in the drivers seat, I plop down into the passengers seat, turning on the radio.  I start belting out the lyrics to Me, Myself, and I and I hear Ryder whine in the seat next to me.

"Aye, Bacon Boy, quit your complainin'. You are the one who wanted to hang out with me." I comment, giving him an award winning smile.

    Ryder just sighs and says, "I know, but you're worth it."

      Chuckling, I continue my horrible singing, making Ryder just shake his head and sing along with me.

      By the time we get to the carnival, we were a laughing mess.  Walking up to the ticket booth, I notice a tall blonde girl staring at Ryder, practically drooling.  Once we get to her she straightens out her dress and gives a flirtatious smile to Ryder.

"Hey, how may I help you handsome?" The Blonde Bimbo asks Ryder, completely ignoring me. I just cross my arms and huff, not liking the way she's looking at him.

"Actually, I'm here with my girlfriend.  It's our one year anniversary, so I thought I'd come back to the place where we first met.  So, I'd like two tickets please." Ryder says as he wraps an arms around my waist and pulls me close to his chest.  The blondes face contorted to a state of shock and she gave us our tickets and took Ryder's money.  Ryder thanks her and we start walking away, his arms still locked around my small frame.

Chuckling, I ask, "Ryder, what was that? Why did you tell the blondie that?"

He just shrugs.  "I didn't like how she ignored you. I came here to hang out with you, not be perved on by the people who work here."  I just smile in response to what he had said.  It made my face flush, and my heart flutter. 

Boy, was this going to be an interesting day.

A/N:

Hello, my fellow fishies! There's chapter 8 for you guys. I hope you all enjoyed it. Whale, until next time!

Xoxo - Batman