13. I Have My Ways...

The rest of the week Ryder was by my side constantly.  I found myself enjoying his presence.  He was always making me laugh, and was flirting nonstop, (or at least that's what Brooke told me.) It was now Friday, so that means Brooke is going on her date with Connor.  Right after school I'm helping her get ready.  He told her that what they were doing was a surprise, but when he came to me for advice, I told him to take her to see The Notebook at a drive in movie thing.  Brooke is in love with that movie, and she always told me how she would love to sit and watch it with a hot date next to her, I guess this was her chance.

      So I am now currently walking out of school, heading over to my car when a hand pulls on mine, turning me around.  I look and see Ryder, smiling at me.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask him, with a smile playing across my lips.

"Well, since Brooke and Connor are going out tonight, that means neither of us have anything to do.  You wanna hang out? As friends, cause you know I wouldn't ask you out like this, well I mean, not that I would ever ask you out... Well I would bu-"

"Yes Ryder, I would love to hang out with you.  It's so cute when you ramble." I giggle as I ruffle his hair.

"Bye Ryder." I tease as I jokingly blow him a kiss while walking to my car.  He just stands there with a stupid grin on his face, like he won something.  At least this time I know he didn't win the staring contest. (1st chapter reference. Hehe.)

____________________________

      "Brooke! Calm down, the date is going to be perfect!" I scream as I try to calm Brooke down.

      She came over my house about 20 minutes ago, and as soon as she walked in, she started pacing back and forth listing all of the things that could go wrong. 

"Brooke, he likes you.  I already knew he was head over heels for you when I heard he went home with you after that party.  You don't have anything to worry about." I reassure her.

"You're right Ave...  And if he doesn't like me after tonight, then it's his loss." Brooke says, trying to calm herself down.

      After that, we got down to business.  I curled Brooke's hair and put on nice makeup with it.  Brooke's outfit was a tight strapless black shirt, with a coral pencil skirt contrasting with her top.  Her hair was turned into a braided crown kind of thing.  Me on the other hand, was dressed in a white crop top, with black shorts and a pretty colorful sweater-thing to top off the outfit.  We were both wearing a pair of cute black heels.  The only difference is that I wore this to school, and Brooke didn't. 

      An hour later, Brooke left so she could meet Connor at her house for him to pick her up.  I fed Nemo, and went over to my couch to watch something.  I am so excited to see Finding Dory, it came out today, but there weren't any available tickets, which pissed me off.

      Completely forgetting that Ryder was coming to hang out with me, I was in the middle of watching Team Umizoomi, when the doorbell rings.  Groaning in annoyance, I get up and stumble over to the door.  I open it up and see Ryder standing there, holding two tickets to see Finding Dory. 

      I literally jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist, hugging him.

"OH MY GOD RYDER, YOU ARE THE BEST!" I scream and hug him tighter.

      Wrapping his arms around my waist to keep me up, he smirks and says, "So I've heard."

"Oh shush..." I giggle.

      Jumping down, I ask, "So when does the movie start?"

"In a couple hours. I was thinking we could hang out in the mall until then, and since the movie theater is attached to the mall, it would be hella easier." Ryder explains.

"How did you get the tickets though?" I ask him, confused since I tried getting them right when they came out.

"I have my ways..." Ryder says with a smirk and winks at me, I just chuckle, shaking my head.  I walk back inside and shut the tv off, grabbing my purse, and walking back out to Ryder, locking the door behind me.  He takes my hand and leads me to his car.  Sighing in happiness, I sit in the passenger seat and turn on the radio, both of us singing and laughing the whole ride there.

      We pull in the parking lot and Ryder gets out and opens my door for me, being a gentlemen.  We spend our time eating, laughing, and having a good time. 

      After we finished a pretzel, Ryder leads me to a photo booth, and pulls me inside.  Sitting on his lap, he wraps his arms around my waist and while I'm smiling at the camera for the first picture, he stares at me smiling the whole time.  Blushing, I look at him and poke his nose, while he ruffles my hair, neither knowing the picture was being taken.  For the next picture, we both smoosh our faces together doing the duck face.  Then, for the next picture, I'm winking at the camera, while Ryder places a gentle kiss to my neck.  And for the last picture, Ryder tilts my head towards him and crashes his lips to mine.  Although I was shocked at first, the kiss was passionate, neither wanting to stop... However, grasping my thoughts, I pulled away blushing, not wanting things to get too heated. 

      After we both walk out of the booth, Ryder pays for the pictures and I take a sheet, while he takes the other.  We grin at each other and walk hand in hand to the movie theater. 

      The movie was perfect.  I laughed the whole time, but Ryder couldn't keep his eyes off of me.  The whole time I was self conscious, thinking I had something on my face.  I even excused myself to go to the bathroom to check, and there wasn't anything there, my face was spotless. 

      When the movie ends, Ryder takes me back home.  Pulling into the driveway, he gets out of his seat and (once again) opens my door for me, helping me out of the car. 

"Thank you again Ryder... I couldn't have had a better time." I tell him, walking up to my door. 

"No problem baby doll.  I had a great time too, especially in the photo booth." Ryder says with a wink.

      I blush and stare at the ground, kicking a rock.  Ryder moves closer to me, our chest touching, and tilts my chin up to look at him.  He leans his head down and places a gentle kiss to my lips, and trails his kisses up to my forehead. 

"Goodnight, Ave..." Ryder says with a deep husky voice. 

"Night." I manage to squeak out as he is walking away to his car.  I walk inside and shut the door behind me, leaning against it smiling like an idiot.  I hear his car drive away, and think to myself, how did I get so lucky? 

      Since it was only about 10, I knew Brooke would still be at her date.  I guess I can just tell her about this tomorrow, and she can tell me about her date.  It all works out.

But damn, I'm falling for Ryder.  And fast.

A/N:

Hello my fellow fishies!! There's chapter 13 for ya'll. Aren't Ryder and Avery so cute together?  Even though they've kissed a lot, they still aren't an official couple yet... But don't worry... I have a lot in store for you guys. Enjoy ;)

Xoxo - Batman