3. Ew, School

I crack open my eyes and hiss at the sunlight that was streaming into my room. I hear my alarm clock saying, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." in Dory's voice. Okay, maybe I do have a problem.
      After laying in bed and staring at the ceiling wondering what I've done wrong to deserve the torture of going to school, I finally roll off my bed, and start getting ready.
      I take my hair out of it's messy bun, resulting in it having some loose waves. I brush it and decide to leave it down cause I'm just too lazy for my own good. I walk over to my closet and pull out a comfy gray sweater with black leggings and a pair of heeled black boots.  After putting on a coat of mascara, I ran downstairs, grabbed an apple and my backpack, walking outside. Smiling, I hopped into my baby, (other then Nemo) which is a black Shelby GT500 Mustang. Since it's the first day of school, I guess I was a little excited... Wait, what am I saying... School, ew.   After an awesome ride of jamming to Work by Rihanna I arrived to the school in style.
Stepping out of the car, heads turned and stared, obviously shocked that I'd drive a car like this. So here's the story of how I got my baby #2. It was my sweet 16, and my mom was working double shifts to buy it for me. The morning of my sixteenth birthday it was sitting in my garage. Unfortunately I couldn't drive it until I got my drivers license, so the fall after my seventeenth birthday, I got it. So, this is the first time anyone's seen my baby #2.

"Avery!!!" Someone screamed my name and I instantly turned my head in the direction of the voice and find myself looking directly at Brooke. She was dressed in a short white laced dress with nice jewelry and a jean vest. She was always the friend that put more into her appearance.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing much. Hey, did Nemo die?"

I gasp.

"How could you even say that about my baby?! You sure as hell know that if he did, you'd be right behind him." I scold her.

"Well, it would make sense after I gave him the ice cream of pure death."

      Brooke shrugs her shoulders and drags me into school.  We search for our lockers and find them right across the hall from one another, which is pretty great.  Unfortunately, we don't have all of our classes together.  But it's not like I'd talk to her the whole time anyways so it's fine.  I unpack my backpack with all my binders and put them into the locker.  Well, all of them apart from the ones that I actually need for my first class. I wave goodbye to Brooke and start walking to my English class.  I walk in and take a seat in the back of the classroom, I find it easier to concentrate back here, don't ask me why.  Mrs. Stevenson writes the assignment on the board and I start working on it.  The assignment isn't too bad, just reading stories in the textbook and answering questions.  Suddenly the door opens, I don't pay any mind to it though, I'm determined to get my work done so I can read afterwards.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Ma'am, I am new to the school, and I got lost trying to find the classroom." A deep voice states.

I know that voice.

"It's fine-"

"Ryder." The mysterious blue-eyed boy informs her.

"Of course. Ryder Slade.  I remember getting the email that you were going to join my class.  Why don't you have a seat next to Avery."

     I feel Ryder's stare on my back since Mrs. Stevenson was pointing to me, and I hear the chair scrape against the floor next to me. I haven't dared to look up yet.

"Avery, why don't you help Ryder and explain what the assignment is."

"Yes Ma'am." I mumble.

After he gets situated I finally look up. I didn't think it was possible for him to look better than he already was.  His hair was tousled, and his blue and black flannel brought out his eyes. My face flushed a deep crimson and I go over the assignment using the smallest amount of words I can, not trusting my voice.  He thanks me, shooting me a smile, which I return.

      The rest of the class was filled with silence, and as soon at the bell rang signaling the end of class, I grabbed my books and scurried out of class with my head down.

I need to find Brooke.

A/N:

Hey my fellow fishies! I hope you liked Chapter Three. Finally the cute blue-eyed boy has a name.

Chapter Four will be up as soon as I write it XD

Happy reading!!

Xoxo - Batman