19. Mission Finding Dory.

______Ryder's POV______

After seeing Avery, I decided to head home and start thinking of ways I could get Avery's fish back. Honestly, I'm starting to get a little jealous of Nemo... Don't judge me. When I get home, I hop out of my car, and head inside. As soon as I walk in I'm greeted by my mom.

"Hey sweetie! How was your day?" She asks, pulling me in for a hug.

"My day was great, mum. Did anything interesting happen today at work?" I ask her, kissing her forehead.

My mom works for the hospital, so usually people would run in with the weirdest injuries... One guy got his head stuck in a bucket... Don't ask.

"Not really, honestly. How is your girlfriend doing? What was her name again?" My mom asks.

"Her name is Avery, mum. And we are going great... Just a little bit of a school issue, but it's nothing that I can't handle." I tell her, only being partially honest.

"Avery? What's her last name... I have a co-worker who has a daughter named Avery that she mentions sometimes. She works in the ER department with me."

"Her name is Avery Hart. That would be awesome if you were friends with her mom, it would make meeting her family a lot easier..." I tell her.

"Yea! I know Diana Hart... That's her moms name... What a small world, right?"

"Yea... But hey, I need to go and do some homework... Call me down when dinner is ready, okay?" And with that, I kiss her on the cheek and head upstairs.

I need to fix this Natalia/Nemo dilemma... I need to be able to get into her house and get Nemo... Suddenly, it's as if a lightbulb went off in my head, and I pull my phone out and jump onto my bed.

      I cringe, and shut my phone off

I cringe, and shut my phone off. The only thing going through my mind is, Avery, you are doing this for Avery. That thought alone made all of this worth it. I would move Heaven and Earth for her. I know we haven't been together for long, but something about her makes me smile every time I think of her.  Snapping me out of my thoughts, my mom shouts, "Ryder sweetie, dinner!"

"I'm coming mom!!"

      Galloping down the stairs, I rush to my designated seat at the dinner table, and sit down.  My mom walks in and sets the plate of veggies, meat, and fruit on the table. She makes sure I eat right.

"Where's dad?" I ask mom.

"Don't worry sweetie, he'll be here soon." My mom promises, with a small smile.

I just nod my head in understanding.

      My dad has his own company... It's called Slade Empire. Since my family's last name is Slade, that's where the name came from, obviously. It's been our family business for generations. My dad plans on handing it down to me one day... But I don't really want it... I want to be able to start up my own business, not take something that's already been created, ya know?