Motivational Quotes #1,651-1,700

Start from the beginning

Anthony Robbins

(1,665)It's of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself, you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.

Norman Vincent Peale

(1,666) You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.

Frederick Buechner

(1,667)The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

(1,668) When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising.

This can go on and on–series polygamy–until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment.

Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.

Tom Robbins

(1,669)Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

Carl Jung

(1,670)Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind, the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind.

Henry James

(1,671) When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.

Catherine Ponder

(1,672)When you fall for someone's personality, everything about them becomes beautiful.

Unknown

(1,673)We may love the wrong person or cry for the wrong reason. But one thing is sure, mistakes help us find the right person.

Unknown

(1,674)I've found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay, small acts of kindness and love.

Gandalf, Lord of the Rings

(1,675)The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them in your heart.

Sirius Black, Harry Potter

(1,676)I'll tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in anything because I'm afraid it could be taken away. That's when I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I've seen someone do. It's like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious. But there are much worse games to play.