Motivational Quotes #1,601-1,650

Start from the beginning

Wendell Berry

(1,618)Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.

Martin Luther King Jr.

(1,619)No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.

George Chakiris

(1,620)You don't really understand human nature until you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around and why his parents will always wave back.

William D. Tammeus

(1,621)There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

(1,622)In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate.

Isaac Asimov

(1,623)Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

(1,624)I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

(1,625)Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength.

Ralph W. Sockman

(1,626)Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of its trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible.

Thomas Kempis

(1,627)Without heroes, we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go.

Bernard Malamud

(1,628)All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is to discover them.

Galileo

(1,629)In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.

Eva Burrows

(1,630)Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.

Brad Henry

(1,631)Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.

Anthony Brandt

(1,632) Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.

Virginia Satir

(1,633) I know why families were created with all their imperfections. They humanize you. They are made to make you forget yourself occasionally, so that the beautiful balance of life is not destroyed.

Anais Nin

(1,634)Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.

Robert Schuller

(1,635)A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.

Walter Winchill

(1,636) A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

Unknown

(1,637) A friend is one with whom you are comfortable, to whom you are loyal, through whom you are blessed, and for whom you are grateful.

William Arthur Ward

(1,638)What is a friend? I will tell you....It is someone with who you dare to be yourself.

Frank Crane

(1,639)My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.

Henry Ford

(1,640)Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and wait to hear the answer.

Ed Cunningham

(1,641)Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.

Unknown

(1,642)Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.

Margaret Lee Runbeck

(1,643)You can make more friends in two months by becoming genuinely interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

Dale Carnegie

(1,644)Support your friends—even in their mistakes. But be clear, however, that it is the friend and not the mistake you are supporting.

Hugh Prather

(1,645)True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.

David Tyson Gentry

(1,646)Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.

Eleanor Roosevelt

(1,647)Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one.'

C.S. Lewis

(1,648)What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change how you think.

Dr. Patrick Gentempo

(1,649)When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Unknown

(1,650) The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people.

Randy Pausch