Locomotion

One night talking to someone under the influence of the stars can do so much. Especially for someone who is all too aware of their soul, and has an adapted ability to read the intentions of others just from a solid glance into their eyes. It really gets one using their imagination.

____

An occasional breeze danced through the night air, granting relief from the day's warmth. A wooden picnic bench was placed outside a refurbished railway carriage, who was beautiful even now in her age, and stood by that bench was a man. Lent casually on the carriage, he took a deep inhale of his vape, held for a moment while the scent registered, and exhaled. The grounds were quiet, for everyone had gone to bed, but that didn't stop his inquisitive eyes from looking over the various locos and engines that were preserved here. A sight that he'd seen many a time before, but one he'd never tire of. Inhale, hold, exhale. Sigh... Inhale, hold, exhale. The breeze nipped at his neck a little, but he'd lose his WiFi connection if he went outside, so he didn't mind too much. Connection was worth the slight discomfort.

Buzz, buzz.

His hazel eyes perked up - part reflection from the bright iPhone screen, part joy from what the screen presented him with. Another couple of notifications flashed up as the app booted up, but he flicked upward at them, dismissing them with disinterested tuts. Snapchat was a little slower on his device than standard performance, and he huffed at the screen as the yellow stung at his eyes. A soft chuckle came loose from his vocal chords, and a flirty smirk took place upon his face as he snapped her a reply.  "Cheeky.." His regional accent husked over his mind's recollection of the ten second image she had sent.

-----------

Had this one in motion for a couple of weeks. Short, but sweet.