5. Eye on You

Disclaimer: FAIRY TAIL, all characters, likenesses and related indicia are owned by Hiro Mashima, Del Ray Manga, Kodansha, Weekly Shonen Magazine, Madman Entertainment, TV Tokyo and FUNimation. Enjoy this FICTIONAL, FAN-WRITTEN story, but please also go support the official release. :)

*FEARI*

The salmon-haired fire mage froze where he lay, still panting beneath Lucy's covers.

Shit! Fuck! Dammit! Natsu panicked in his mind. He heard the door close. Natsu could feel the tiny hairs on his arms and on the back of his neck stand on end as Lucy's voice drew nearer.

"What are you doing here?! And in my bed at that?!"

Natsu hurriedly stuffed his sleeping dragon back into his pants along with the small, wadded-up bit of red silken material. He desperately wiped his hand on the side of his pant leg and simultaneously shoved the large bra under Lucy's pillows. Just as Natsu poked the last bit of crimson bra strap beneath the pillows, all the covers were snatched off of him. An angry blonde with blazing brown eyes stared down at him, completely flushed in the face.

"Answer me, Natsu! What the HELL are you doing in my room, in my bed, with your B.O. and filthy shoes on?!"

Natsu quickly sat up in the bed and opened his mouth to respond, but Lucy already had something else in mind. She swung her right booted leg back wildly and-

"LUCY KI-"

Lucy's raging attack was cut short when Natsu caught her by the ankle with ease, flipping her upside-down.

"Kyaaaaaaaa! Natsu! Put me down!" Lucy shrieked, now dangling in Natsu's casual hold as he stood up.

"Sorry, Luce," said Natsu with a half smirk. "Those kicks really don't work on me anymore. Maybe you should train up one of these days."

Lucy, who was flailing around as she tried to keep her short, blue pleated skirt from flipping up, fumed.

"For your information, I already haaaaa-" Lucy caught herself before she blurted out her secret to Natsu.

Natsu crooked an eyebrow in confusion. "You haaaaaaaaaa-?"

"I haaaaaaaaaa! Haaaa! Haaaa! I laugh!" Lucy exclaimed, easing her way from a potential line of questioning, though she was more than sure that she wasn't doing a good job at it. I wish he'd put me the hell down already!

Natsu walked over to Lucy's couch, her ankle still in his grip. He finally released her and she dropped onto the seat cushions with a soft thud!

Lucy jerked her face up from the cushion, flipped over on her back to jump up and curse Natsu out some more-only to find herself almost nose-to-nose with him. She gasped in surprise as she realized Natsu's body hovered right above her own. One bent knee was pressed between the back cushion of the couch and Lucy's hip and Natsu's other foot was still planted on the floor.

Lucy's face felt extremely hot. Why is he so close?

Time stretched forward as the two young wizards stared at each other. Lucy could have sworn she saw the shadow of a quiet, unspoken something in Natsu's eyes, and it made her inwardly panic to try to figure out what that something was.

She blushed as she ushered her curious thoughts away and broke eye contact with the boy that was practically lying on top of her.

"I, um...I'm-I'm actually relieved to see you, Natsu," said Lucy. "I've been kinda worried since I haven't seen you around all week!"