1. No More Fairy Tales

Author's Note: Hey, everybody! I KNOW I said that Chapter One would be up on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8TH, 2016 but...I can't contain my excitement anymore!!! I really want to get this out to you early--just this once. ;)

Disclaimer: FAIRY TAIL, all characters, likenesses and related indicia are owned by Hiro Mashima, Del Ray Manga, Kodansha, Weekly Shonen Magazine, Madman Entertainment, TV Tokyo and Funimation. Enjoy this FICTIONAL, FAN-WRITTEN story, but please also go support the official release. :)

*FEARI*

"Way to go, Lucy! That's how you show 'em!"

The beautiful, buxom young lady with blonde hair tied up into a half side ponytail turned around at the sound of her name and beamed brightly. Her copper-colored eyes danced with excitement and determination.

Lucy Heartfilia was a Celestial Wizard, an especially rare type of wizard who could create bonds called contracts with Celestial Spirits from another world. Once Lucy entered a contract with a Celestial Spirit, that Spirit was to become her servant and protector, coming to her side whenever she needed them to. However, Lucy never viewed her Spirits as servants, but actually as some of her closest friends.

Right now she stood before one of said Spirits in a private far-off field surrounded only by a ring of trees, breathing heavily but still feeling quite able. Lucy felt extremely proud of herself lately; she was outside undergoing intense training with Taurus the Golden Bull, one of the rare Celestial Spirits of the Zodiac.

"Yoooooooouuuu've got some great moooooooooooves!" Taurus bellowed joyously as he leapt into the air, landed heavily on his hooves in front of Lucy and flexed his bulging biceps in an attempt to impress her. "Now how about a smoooooooooch?" he added, puckering his lips.

"NO WAY, YOU PERVERT!" Lucy yelled, skipping two feet backwards as she scrambled desperately out of Taurus's reach. "I'm ready to take a quick breather anyway."

She wiped the sweat from her brow with the back of her hand and walked over to the small blue cat who sat under one of the trees in the fresh green grass and cheered her on from the shade. He gave a mischievous smile.

"You were great, Lucy!" the cat exclaimed as she plopped down next to him. "And I never thought I'd actually compliment you about anything, ever!"

Lucy glared down at the cat, "Yeah, and I never thought you'd have enough sense to do so either."

The cat, whose name was Happy, had already turned his attention back to the succulent fish he cradled in his hands and he completely disregarded Lucy.

She scoffed, rolled her eyes and leaned back against the tree trunk. Then she felt something nudge her in her other side, making her look down at the source. A small white dog with the face of a snowman trembled and squealed as he waved excitedly up at her. His name was Plue and he was also one of Lucy's beloved Celestial Spirits. She gave Plue a warm smile, "Thanks, Plue. I appreciate your encouragement too."

As she caught her breath, Lucy's silent gaze drifted up towards the sunny, clear blue sky. Within the endless vast of space above her, she retreated inside her thoughts.

Lucy was a member of one of the most powerful wizard guilds in all of Fiore: FAIRY TAIL. She had been a member for quite some time now, but in the years that she'd been there, Lucy constantly faced one problem: she was not as strong as her comrades. In fact, Lucy was often seen as the "weakest link," and that actually scared her more than the monsters and rivals that she ever faced in the past.