"If you need anything, call out for me. I won't let anything happen to you." he says seriously and I smile, putting my free hand on his and giving it a slight squeeze. "I will." I say and he nods, giving me a small smile before letting go of my hand.

I walk out of the house, roaming down the path as I thought about what they were saying. 

I knew Harry wasn't the same. It was clear as day to see how much he's changed. But at the same time, I didn't want to give up so easily. This was the first time I've even seen him for six years, I don't want to give this chance up just because they're so scared of what he's going to do.

I'm scared too...terrified actually. But that doesn't mean I don't want to try. I'll most likely fail, but then if I do that'll be my sign: give up and move on. I can't wait for him forever. Layla needs a father and I've already made her a promise. If I can't get Harry now, then I'll have to move on.

My mind wasn't focused until I realized where I was heading: the docks. Quickly I averted my feet to take me away from the docks, knowing that if I got too close it would only lead to trouble. I would have to make a plan before I even attempted talking to Harry again. 

Turning my back on the docks, I began to walk towards the town, not knowing exactly where I was going, but knowing I wanted to get away from him. 

"Bella?!" 

The voice made me freeze and my eyes widened, turning around in shock as I saw red hair flash in my face before two arms were thrown around my body, making me stumble back as she slammed into me. 

"Shayla?!" I cry out, my arms not being able to wrap around her fast enough. I hugged her tightly, feeling so overwhelmed by seeing my best friend that I had no idea what to do. 

We finally broke away and I stared at her stunned, not knowing what to say or do. Or think. 

"W-what...where..." I stutter and she smiles brightly, tears in her eyes and I finally notice the scar going across her left temple. "What happened?" I gasp and she shakes her head. "It doesn't matter. Where have you been?" she asks and I frown.

"What?" I ask and she sighs. "I've been looking everywhere for you. I never knew where your mother's house was so I couldn't go looking for you there, but I've searched this entire city for the past five years!!" she exclaims and I stare at her confused. 

"Five years? But...I thought you were with Harry?" I ask and her eyes darken, a frown coming to her face. "Let's take a walk down the beach, okay? It'll be easier to tell there without so many eyes on us." she says and I nod, both of us walking back towards the beach, walking past the docks before she began to talk.

"When we all figured out Harry had left you here, everyone was furious. They didn't want to leave but he forced us to. I disagreed, however, and told him that I didn't want to be on the ship if he was going to leave you like that. He changed so drastically in such a short amount of time." she mutters and I frown, listening intently as she told her story.

"He gave me an ultimatum: stay on the ship or leave and suffer the consequences. I chose the latter, of course. As soon as I told him I was going to leave he lashed out at me with a knife, giving me this lovely scar." she says, pointing to the scar I noticed earlier and I furrow my eyebrows together sadly.

"Louis and Niall defended me, which pissed Harry off. We were already about a month or so off the coast, and he stuck me on a longboat with only two days worth of supplies. And with that, he kicked me off. Well, I left actually. It was awful trying to find my way back to England, and by a stroke of luck I was picked up by a merchant ship on it's way to Eastbourne, so I made it back here after another month and a half. But it was a different port in Eastborne, so I had to make my way back here." she says and I look at her shocked. 

"That's awful Shayla!!" I gasp and she grins. "Well, it was. But I don't care. Louis knows where I am, I've sent him a few letters to let him know I was safe. And every time they come to a port in England, Louis notifies me beforehand and I meet with him in the different port cities. So I've still kept in contact, it's just a lot harder. I thought I'd see you sooner, but I guess not. I'm glad I caught you." she says and I smile at her.

"Me too Shayla. When I didn't see you on the ship, I was so worried. I thought maybe you had been killed or something." I say and she frowns. "Ah, Louis told me about what happened. Harry's even worse now, isn't he?" she asks and I nod my head. "He is. It was so scary." I whisper and she puts a hand on my shoulder, giving me a smile. 

"Don't worry. It's going to be okay. We'll get him back somehow." she says positively and I sigh. "But how?" I ask and she shrugs. "That's what I'm not sure of." she says truthfully and I give her a sad smile.

An idea came to my mind and my sad smile turned bright, grabbing her hand in mine excitedly, making her give me a strange look. "Do you want to meet my daughter?" I ask and her eyes light up. "Of course!" she gushes and I smile, gesturing for her to follow me. 

We make our way back towards my house, and I begin to tell Shayla all about Layla. "She sounds like a sweetheart." Shayla says and I laugh. "She is, although she can also be a brat." I mumble and she laughs. "All kids are, honey. Get used to it." she jokes and I grin.

"It's so good to have you back, Shayla." I say honestly, walking up to my door and she smiles. "It's good to be back, Bella. It really is." she says and I open up the door, walking inside to see my mother frowning and Darla spluttering on about something. Wesly looked extremely worried, but upon seeing us, he let out a breath of relief. 

"Please calm her down." Wesly mutters and I nod, Shayla and I walking forward to see Darla turn to us. "I'm sorry Miss!" she apologizes and I raise an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" I ask and she lets out a huff.

"I told Layla you were out looking for a treasure for her, and she got so excited and wanted to look with you. I told her to stay put but...I turned my back on her for one second and when I looked..." she trails off and my eyes widen slightly as she gives me an apologetic look.

"She left. She went to look for you." 

Gihee, cliffhanger again! How do you guys like this chapter!! And SHAYLA'S BACK BABY!!! Haha I missed Shayla. Anyways I hope you guys like this chapter, please let me know what you think!!