33. The Other Devil

Start from the beginning

She only wants to hear what she likes...

"Need I remind you of reasons other than just revenge over a woeful event." She lifts his fingers and starts to regard them.

She twists and turns her white hand in odd angles and brings it infront of my face.
"This hand here can cause you such pain that even remorse in your chest will seem like a feeble pebble infront of it.

"I am asking you again.
Will you stop interferring or will I have to end your petty existence in your own dream?
I can asure you that if you keep on intervening, everything will end in embers and ashes..."

I feel my breath stuck inside my chest.

I have never been one for finding hacks. Maybe, after finding out about Henry's mystery, I can finally resolve my own past.

On the other hand, I can pretend this never happened.

But if this never happened, I would never have met Allison and Ethan, my friends.

On top of that, there's a possibility that my family might...
And then there's Henry's own warning.

God, what should I do...

Even my body wasn't binded together, I would be running my hands in my hair.

"WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER!"
I feel a high pitched scream that sends my ears feeling like blood will start coming out of it.

"NO, I WON'T! I WON'T HELP YOU!"
I shout in between the screams pierceing through my ears.

The screams stop and I open my eyes. I didn't realize that I had screwed my eyes shut because of the pain.

"So, you prefer having mayhem in your life rather than accepting what is better for you own fate!"

I look up at her pale face and mockingly roll my eyes,
"I don't need your help in finding out what's better for me, Poltelgeist."

She brings her finger up and straightens my bent back.

"Very well.
Just remember...
The accident that killed your family wasn't an accident. Heed my words, your brother knows more about what actually happened than he lets you on..."

Dylan and the accident...

"What are you trying to say?" I pull a stern expression on my face and press my lips in a straight line.

"Let us just say that I am not the only devil here....."
She laughs loudly, sending the sound waves echoing across the dark forest.

The other devil?

"Please, Stay away from my neice." Shock comes over Meredith's face as she's pulled back by some invisible force.
She quickly recovers and looks agitatedly at the person standing next to her.

While looking at Henry, she breaks eye contact with me and I feel my muscles relaxing. I try to move my arms and they are now following my orders without any hesitation.

"Neice?" I say out loud, but this time I feel no twinging.

Really? That's what worries you most about this scenario?

Oh, the old sarcastic voice in my head is back. Great.

Henry smiles at me before turning to Meredith,
"Leave her alone. This is our feud, Meredith."

Meredith laughs,
"A lot of other things could have been ours, Henry, had it not been your own stance."
She takes a few steps toward him and extends a hand at him.

Henry takes a step back.
"Don't touch me again."
He shakes his head.
"You do not have any business in this dream," Henry says, changing the topic.

What?

"Neither do you, Henry. Now, can you leave us two ladies to discuss matters privately."

Meredith raises her hand and is about to point it at me when Henry shouts,
"WAKE UP!"

Meredith raises her hand and is about to point it at me when Henry shouts,"WAKE UP!"

My eyes feel like they will barge out of their sockets as I open my eyes. I sit up in my bed and remove the covers from the body.

My breathing is ragged, like the steam coming out of an overused engine. My clothes are completely drenced in sweat as I clumsily unfold my right sleeve.

There's a purple bruise there...

Hello wonderful people who are reading this !!

Wow, a lot has happened in the last two chapters, eh? I can't believe that just happened(and I wrote a double update!!)

I know I was supposed to add Ethan's pic next but I put Meredith's in the last chapter. I have a scene in my head where I want to put Ethan's pic and that scene hasn't come, yet.

The song above is 'The Devil Within' by Digital Daggers. If you want to know Meredith by one song, it's that one.

And now to this week's question:

What was Meredith talking about? What's all this about the 'other devil'?

Avoid weird typos and have an absolutely fantastic week:)

Love,
MS Zame:D