47. Different Worlds(1)

He is a slave. Mafu first saw him when he was being marched into the town square. He was 10, then, and too young to apprentice anyone. So his parents protected him well, loved him, practically everyone in his village adored him.
Until the government came searching for people to join the army. It was then made into a law, where young men and women, upon reaching 18, need to be handed over to join the army. Unless, they are apprenticed.
Mafu has three brothers, and one sister. Two of his brothers were sent to the army, while the other two siblings worked as apprentice then. Now, they are certified people with jobs.

The meeting 10 years ago, was still fresh in Mafu's mind. The albino was walking home with his childhood friend, Amatsuki, when they saw it. A line of child slaves, marching into the town square. They are in chains, but one particular slave caught his eye. The child have sharp blue eyes, and black hair, tinged with a faint blue colour at the tips. He glares, though, and Mafu had been frightened the time they first met.
Frightened, but intrigued, somehow, by this angry male.

"He is kinda scary, huh?" Amachan asked, and Mafu turned towards the brunette. "He is nice." "I don't know that they keep child slaves." Mafu sighed, he couldn't help it. "I wish they wouldn't."
Against their will, the two children were pushed into town square and were forced to witness the whippings of the slaves. It's scary, and it freaked Mafu out.

10 years later, he is an apprentice to a florist, 17 years old, when he saw the slave again. His master, a florist named Neru, sighed, and with an exasperated groan, Mafu looked at him. "What is it?" Neru sent him a pointed stare before replying, "They are building something. I know it. They brought the slaves in, again." And he couldn't help it, but his heart lifted, just a bit.

He wanted to see that male with his sapphire blue eyes again.

"Are they young?" "Of course. They are all about the weakness of the old and the strength of the young people, don't you know?" Mafu snorted before gazing out again. "I think you have seen then once. They were marched here for whippings, punishment, they say, about 10 years ago." The albino's head snapped up so fast his neck cracked.
"What?" "Yeah. They are using the young slaves this time. I think they will be building something very big, yes?" Neru smiled at him, before ordering him to do something else.

Will I see him again?

A/N : Yeah guys, this is a series. Maybe a twoshot or so. I hope you guys can bear with me as it might come slow, and I might upload some oneshot while working on this. Which is hard, coz the other one I'm working on is also a (maybe) a series. Idk since I didn't get quite far with that. (Still stuck at the first paragraph)
Yeah, I suck, I know, because my exams are coming in about one or two months and I think I'm gonna hit someone coz I can't wrote anything for my other stories and it makes me wanna flip or throw something-

Yeah. I'm messed up. Sorry bout that, and for ranting. Thanks, the next part will be coming up pretty soon. See ya till then.

--nomuraaru