24. Why?

"Does it hurt?" "..." Snickers around the male. "Do you want more?" "..." Beatings followed those annoying snickers. The younger male spat out the blood in his mouth.
The guy with spiky hair frowned and placed his heavy boot on the albino's chest, pushing him down. The younger male widened his eyes, choking on his breaths, feeling more and more tortured as---
"Oi. What the hell are you guys doing?!" The boot was lifted, and the albino turned to his side, breathing in large gulps of air. He heard the voice of his assailant, saying, "Until next time, retard." "There will not be any more times!" His savior shouted and kneeled down, checking for pulse. "You're badly hurt," he remarked. "What's your name, junior?" "Mafu..mafu," he mumbled. "I'll take you to the infirmary." Why are you so kind? Leave me alone. Mafu tried to push him away, but the guy just clicked his tongue and allowed Mafu to rest his head on his chest.
When Mafu woke up, he panicked. His eyes settled on a raven-haired male with dark eyes, framed with long eyelashes. He is so handsome.... Mafu thought and blushed. "You're awake." "U-uh...um..y-yeah..." "Mhm." He placed his palm against Mafu's forehead. "You're a bit hot." He frowned. "I know it's not in my place to ask but....Did you cut yourself?" "Eh?!" "Marks on your wrist." He gestured to Mafu's hands. Without waiting, the albino pulled his sleeves over his wrists. "I'm Soraru, by the way." "S-senpai."
He stood up. "I've gotten the nurse to look at you, but since you're so hurt, she asked me to take care of you. Do you have any friends?" A fleeting image of a brunette with a bright smile hit Mafu. He shook his head. "He is at Kyoto at the moment." "Then." Soraru stood up and carried Mafu, bridal style. "EHHH!!!!" "Shut up. We are going to my house." "B-but it's em-embarrassing....!" "Here." He gave him his muffler. "Cover your face with it." Mafu just gaped at it stupidly until Soraru make an annoyed noise in his throat.
"I-I'm sorry!!" He wrapped the muffler around his neck, and half of his face, then laced his arms at the back of Soraru's neck. He heard the senior chuckle, and hid his face at the crook of Soraru's neck, flushing.
Gasps and stares are flung at both of them as Soraru walked down the hallway, but the raven-haired senior ignored all of them.

"Okay, c'mon." Soraru set Mafu down and opened the front door, flinging it open. Mafu hesitated at the door, uncertain, but after another look from the older male he gulped and stumble in. "Who is your friend?" "Ama..tsuki." Soraru raised his eyebrow. "Friends with Kashitarou?" "Yea..h", Mafu mumbled, looking at his feet.
"Kashitarou is nice." "You know him?" Soraru chuckled a little before he replied, and the sound cheered the albino up a little. "We are friends." He ruffled Mafu's hair. "Its fine. I live alone here anyway." The smile he sent at Mafu's direction is flat.

At night, Mafu shot up on the futon, gasping loudly. One grasp at his neck shows that he isn't in any harm. Another look at Soraru; he is sound asleep. With a soft grunt, Mafu stood up and got out of the room.
He stumbled into the kitchen, where he drank a glass of water, still panting. "The nightmare is scary," he said to himself, and glanced at the shut bedroom. His eyes lingered on the cabinet where he had saw Soraru keep the knives, and instinctively he reached out towards it.
He opened the cabinet and gripped one of the smaller knife. Then, sliding down till he is sitting on the floor, he sliced his palm, his crimson eyes never leaving the cut. He pressed his hand against the wound, biting his lip. It stung, it hurts but he didn't make a sound. He was so focused on his task that he did not see a shadow behind him.

"--the hell are you doing right now?!" A loud, angry voice cut through his concentration and he let go of the knife immediately, turning. Soraru stood in the middle of the room, his eyes flashing with anger. "Are you dumb?!" He snatched the knife away and stared at the cuts the albino made.
"You cut too deep," he said in a matter of fact tone, while Mafu just stared at him blankly. Soraru crouched down and took the albino's limp arm up to examine it. After checking it, he sighed, and pulled out the medical assistance box (Forgot what it was called) from a cabinet and applied antiseptic on the cuts.
Mafu grunted and pushed Soraru away. Surprisingly he still have strength in him. "Leave....me.. alone!" "Why?" "I'm not worth it." A tear rolled down his face, splattering on the floor. "Everyone hates me. There isn't any point to living!" He ended the sentence with a shout, his voice high and loud in the silence. "I care." Soraru mumbled quietly. "Eh?" "I said, I care!" Soraru shouted and Mafu recoiled, as though he had slapped him.
"I care, and Amatsuki care, and Kashitarou care! You don't get to make decisions like 'Everyone hates me' when you don't know what we think!"
"But I do." "Huh?!" "They all say....they hate me. They think I'm annoying. I....I hate myself!" Tears kept rolling down his face and he let out a loud sob. "Isn't that just because they are jealous? You have the cute looks of an angel, good grades and kind heart. They hate you, fine. But I don't." Soraru stared at Mafu in the eye. "So next time, don't die on my watch, idiot."
Mafu cried, his tears falling on Soraru's shoulder. "I'm so-sorry..." "It's okay." Soraru smiled and hugged Mafu tight.

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

"Come to say, Soraru-san, did you call me an angel?" "No!" "Ehhhh?" Mafu whined. He is sure that the senior had called him that. "Don't bring that up with anyone!" Soraru blushed faintly, and Mafu thought the colour was nice on Soraru.

Maybe I can fall in love with him.... I do hope that he will, too.

A/N : Tomorrow is my exam, I'm so scared uhhhhhhh /.\ This is so scary ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anyway......I've been working on this story for ages, maybe one or two weeks? I wrote down the starting on my book and I thought it would be easy to write the whole story but who knows it's so hard ugh. I hope you guys had enjoyed it!! See you!!!!!

------nomuraaru