18. Seven Days

Seven days. Mafu smiled at the male beside him. Tomorrow, the seven days are up, he thought. Thank gods. Mafumafu have a reputation for saying yes to anyone that asked him out, and dumping them by the end of the week. This person is included. What's his name? Um..... Icchan? Or is that the one before him?

* · *

Soraru walked with Lon and Suzumu-they are planning to eat their food upstairs, in the roof.

"I'm sorry. I can't fall in love with you."

They stopped in their tracks.

"Why?"

Lon shook her head and gestured to go, but Soraru was intrigued.

"You're nice, but I just can't. I'm sorry."

A guy, around his age, ran past them in tears. An albino peeked out, and the crimson red of his eyes stood out, burning itself into Soraru's mind. "Oh, I'm sorry," he smiled like an angel. Then he walked past them with a light and cheerful smile.
"He is at work again." Soraru blinked and turned to look at Suzumu. "What do you mean?" He asked. Suzumu shrugged and Lon continued. "Jeez, how outdated are you, Soraru-san? Mafumafu-kun is popular for dating people for a week, then breaking up with them. At least he does it correctly, unlike you."
Soraru ignored the last part, but it is true. He is terribly blunt with his words, and when he breaks up with people, it's usually, "I'm sorry. Let's break up." And he will stare, with a blank and emotionless face at the person when they cry.
"Maybe I should try out with him," Soraru mused, and Lon almost spit her food out. "Are you kidding?" Lon asked. "I'm not going to fall in love with him. I'm not interested in playboys. But maybe, as a game?" The raven-haired male smiled at them. "I'll go ask him."

It's just a game, right?

° * °

"Hey you are Mafumafu, right?" The albino turned, his big red eyes sparkling. "Yes!" A brunette looked at him with curious brown eyes. "Can we go out?" "You mean, be your lover?" Soraru feel terribly awkward but he made sure his face is perfectly blank. "Yeah." He smiles. "Sure!"

They dated for a week and everyday Soraru saw him, he felt like his heart is being captured by the albino. And he hated himself for that.

"Hey, Soraru-san, are you a senior?" "No, I'm a junior." Mafumafu laughed, "Don't be so sarcastic, Soraru-san!" Soraru just stared at him blankly. "But that means, you'll be graduating by the end of this year right?" Soraru hummed, patting his head. "Yeah." When he smiled at the albino, his eyes are sad. "Too bad, right?"

* · *

For once, Mafu felt like kissing him, loving him and hugging this blunt senior. For once, he doesn't want to break up with him. Why? He touched Soraru's face but Soraru jerked free of his hold, standing up. "Mafu, Lon and Suzumu need me for some group project." He walked off, leaving the albino alone.
Why does my heart hurt? He asked himself. "Hey, Mafu!" He turned to see Amatsuki coming towards him. "Hey!" Mafu smiled at him. "So how's the senior doing?" The brunette asked and Mafu sighed. "Better than ever. I think I'm falling for him." "Good!" Amatsuki beamed. "Not! What if..." The albino frowned and sighed again.
Amatsuki stood up and patted his head. "If he love you, he won't break up with you."

"Just think about it."

In Mafu's house°°°°

He never let me touch or kiss him in an intimate way before.....he is so unlike the others... Mafu sighed. He was, like usual, thinking of a certain raven-haired male, with a cold facade yet tsundere personality.
"Ah!" He stood up. He will go to Soraru's house. He glanced at his watch. It's already Saturday....He thought with a sad frown. Somehow, this person make him want to hang onto him.....and never let go.

Ding dong.... He pressed the doorbell impatiently. "What?" Soraru opened the door and Mafu saw a blond girl behind him. He felt a sharp pain in his chest, but ignored it. Instead, he plastered on a fake cheerful smile and greeted Soraru.
"I'll go first," the girl told him and he nodded. She smiled briefly at Mafu before heading out. "What do you want?" Soraru asked. "I have a question, senpai," the crimson-eyed male said. "Hmm?" "Why don't you let me kiss you?" "Eh?" Soraru seemed to be genuinely taken aback. "I mean, others - they let me - uh - kiss them..." Soraru winced. "I don't want someone that do not love me kiss me." He glanced at the albino, with his bored face, and said, "I'm sorry, Mafu."
He shook his head and stood up. "If that's the only thing you wanna ask me, I'll go back in my room. Show yourself out." "--One more day, Soraru-san." The older male stopped and turned, slowly. "So...you wanna go out, on a date or something? My friend gave me two tickets to a concert." Mafu beamed and nodded eagerly.

After the concert, Soraru decided to walk Mafu home. "What do you think of the concert, Mafu?" "Mm, it's quite nice!" Soraru hummed, then turned towards Mafu. "Hey, since tomorrow... I'll give a present." He leaned towards the albino and gave him a peck on the lips. When he pulled away, Mafu was positive Soraru's face is dusted with a slight pink colour. "Are you blushing?" Mafu asked in a teasing voice. "No, stop it!" They stopped in front of the albino's house. "Bye."

"Mafu?" "Yeah?" Mafu turned to see Amatsuki. "Are you gonna break up with him, too?" "He doesn't love me." Amatsuki just shook his head and padded towards the kitchen, leaving Mafu alone.

"So. What time do you want to break up with me?" "Anytime Soraru-san chooses is okay." It's 9:59. "How about 10?" "Yeah, sure." The clock chimed, indicating 10. The albino hesitated. Something is his heart called him to stop.
10:01.
"You didn't say anything," Soraru remarked. Mafu looked down. "Does that mean, you fell for me?" The older male teased. "Stop..!" "Okay, okay, fine. Since it's 10:01, I'm grateful you didn't say anything?" "Huh?" "I like you. So please, go out with me again." "HUH?!!!" "I cannot ask you out on Monday, because there is no way I can compete with the people waiting in line. I want you, for the rest of the year, for the rest of my life. Say yes?"

Mafu blushed-he isn't used to this. But.......as he looked at Soraru, who is fidgeting, he knew what his answer is going to be.

"Yes!"

A/N : So, Aru here again! I finished the one shot! Yayyyy Something like that. I've gotten this idea from a manga called Seven Days, the art is pretty, so yeah. Technically most of this plot here resembles the manga's plot, so yeah. Anyway enjoy, see you!

Credits to the artist!

-----nomuraaru