chapter 37

I tried not to give away the sadness I felt.

Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand on my chin, lifting it so I was looking in Andrew's eyes.

He leaned in close to me, our lips only millimeters apart.

"I love you," he whispered, his warm breath sending tingles down my spine.

"I-I love you too," I finally admitted, staring into his hypnotizing eyes.

He leaned closer to me and our lips collided. The kiss was rather clumsy, looking back at it, as it was our first, but in that moment it felt as if fireworks were going off in my heart, and my whole body was feeling things in overdrive.

"God, I've waited so long for that," he muttered, as he pulled away, grabbing my hand.

Our fingers intertwined and I leaned my head on his shoulder, staying as close to him as possible.

"Geez, finally! Took you guys long enough!" I heard Xavier exclaim and I glanced over to where everyone was watching us with amused looks on their faces.

"How much of that were you guys watching?" I asked with a laugh.

"The whole thing. We didn't even go on the ride," Kris said laughing and high-fiving Paige beside her.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't keep the smile off of my face. Things were finally, finally working out.

This thing that I've been waiting for for so long is finally happening.

We all stood up and decided to spend the night at Kris's.

As I slipped my pajamas on, I walked into the living room where everyone sat.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" Kris asked, looking through all of the DVDs that sat on their shelf.

"Scooby Doo," Xavier yelled out, a childish smile on his face.

We laughed, then glanced at Kris. She shrugged, putting the movie in the DVD player.

"Scooby Doo it is," she muttered, sitting beside Caden, who put his arm around her. I glanced at Paige and Benny, along with Alexia and Connor, who sat the same way.

I smiled at the people around me, watching Scooby Doo and laughing and joking with each other.

I glanced up at Andrew, who smiled at me and gently pecked my lips, putting his arm around me as I snuggled into his chest, drowning in his wonderful scent.

I sighed contentedly, as he pulled me as close to him as possible.

This is exactly what I think of as perfection.

It's strange how before I fell for Andrew, my dream boy was an incredibly tall, dark haired boy. I thought that was the only thing I would settle for.

But now that I have Andrew, I couldn't think of anything more wonderful than this short blonde boy.

I was totally in love with everything he did.

I loved the way he smiled when he spoke about baseball, or the way he taps his hand on his leg when he's nervous, or the way he loves the outsiders.

I couldn't think of any boy who could be more wonderful than this one right here.

I wondered how I could ever, ever wish that Andrew Monroe would stop liking me.

And as I drifted to sleep in his arms, I smiled. Who knew how long we'd last. Maybe forever, I don't know. No one can be sure I guess.

But right now, in this moment, I loved this boy, and that's all that really mattered.