chapter 36

The bright light shone in my eyes when I woke up and my eyes slowly regained their focus.

I glanced around, confused as I saw that I was laying on the couch. Then, I remembered yesterday's events.

I leaned up, stretching as I glanced around. I assumed I was the first one awake so I just waited for everyone else to wake up.

Suddenly, Kris emerged from the door and smiled at me.

"Hey, Ollie," she said, sitting beside me and turning on the tv.

As we watched, Andrew and Caden sleepily walked into the room.

"Hey, guys," Caden muttered, sitting next to Kris and snaking his arm over her shoulders.

Andrew sat by me and I turned towards him smiling.

He gave me a smile that made my heart beat way too quickly and I turned towards the tv.

A little bit later, we all got changed and walked over to play baseball.

Kris and Caden walked ahead of us, hand in hand as I smiled at them.

"They're adorable together," I said, grinning slightly.

"Yeah," Andrew mumbled, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

After a full day of baseball, I tiredly sat in the dugout as the others followed suit.

"Anybody wanna go to the carnival again?" Danny asked, glancing at all of us, "school starts soon, then we won't be able to go for awhile."

We all nodded in agreement and went to our houses to change.

I walked into my house with Alexia and Lucas and walked to my room.

I put on a maroon skirt and a white tank top, slipping on my black converse.

After I'd put on a bit of makeup, I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," I called, putting on my favorite necklace.

Alexis slowly walked through the door, and glanced over at me.

"Oh hey," I said with a smile, which she returned nervously.

She sat on my bed and I stood in front of the mirror, making sure my outfit looked alright.

"So um, I kind of, uh, I like Connor a whole lot, ya know? A-and I don't know if he feels the same way," she said softly.

I turned around shocked, "You seriously can't tell he likes you? He stares at you constantly!" I exclaimed.

"Really?" She asked, hope shining in her eyes.

"Absolutely!" I said, "look, I'll talk to him, alright?"

"Really? You'd do that for me?" She asked with a wide smile.

"Of course," I assured, "always."

We quickly went to the carnival, and when Alexia, Lucas and I arrived, I walked straight to Connor.

"I think you should invite Alexia to go on the Ferris wheel with you," I told him, quietly so the other boys wouldn't hear.

"I don't know..." he muttered scratching the back of his neck, "I don't think she likes me back."

"Well I know for a fact she does, just ask her," I persuaded, and he finally gave in.

I watched as he nervously walked up to her. Soon thereafter, they walked away holding hands. 

As they walked off, Andrew nudged me. I turned toward him and smirked mischievously.

"You did that, didn't you?" He asked, gesturing to them.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about," I lied, and we both began laughing.

"Right," he muttered sarcastically, smiling at me. 

"Guys, let's go on the drop of fear!" Danny exclaimed, running towards it.

Everyone agreed, and I simply sat on a bench nearby.

Andrew sat beside me.

"Aren't you gonna go on it?" I asked, gesturing towards the ride.

He laughed slightly, "Nah, I've been on it a million times."

I laughed, and when I looked at him he was staring at me, a smile on his face.

He stared for a long time and I suddenly became self-conscious.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked, averting his gaze and staring down at his shoes.

"Sure, anything," I told him.

I could practically feel my heart beating out of my chest in anticipation. He kept opening his mouth to say something, but no words would come out.

Finally, he spoke.

"So, I really like this girl. She's beautiful, and I wanna kiss her. Should I do it?" He asked.

I looked down sadly, suddenly feeling a bit choked up. Now he's asking me for relationship advice? But then again, he looked so happy, how could I stand in the way?

"Oh," I muttered, "you should," I tried to smile but it wasn't real, so I turned away, hoping he wouldn't be able to tell.