Chapter 16: Realization:

Guyssss I am so sorry for not updating. I have been so insanely busy and I want to let you know I will be finishing up this fanfiction, so stay tuned :) Please re-read the last chapter so this all makes sense. Hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dozed off on the couch. I woke up with dried tears on my face and a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. After a few seconds I got up and looked at my phone.

I had one missed called from the set in LA.

I went to the bathroom and cleaned off my face and called back the missed call.

"Hi, this is Jen returning your missed call."

"Hi, Jen. Can you please come to set? We have an important meeting set in about 10 minutes. Be here?"

"Yeah I'll be there shortly. Thanks.

I loved acting, but this was the last thing I wanted to do right now.

Colin was and always has been my best friend. But neither of us can deny what we feel about each other, as hard as we try. Even if he never will forgive me, I at least need to try gaining forgiveness as a friend. Thinking how I hurt him hurts me more than anything. Just thinking about it caused my eyes to well up with tears.

What if I had pushed my best friend away forever?

I grabbed my phone and tried calling him once...then twice...then five times. He didn't budge. The ringing seemed endless. The worst part was, he was active on social media.

I knew at that moment I needed to do something. In my mind, there was only one choice; go to Vancouver.

After a few minutes of thinking and debating with myself, I knew I had a commitment and I needed to go to set. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

"Main cast and crew, please come and sit down. Meeting will start in 2 minutes."

Charlie, my boss and the producer of Mama's Wish looked pretty nervous and sweaty and on edge.

A few minutes later he sat down and began talking.

"Uh, welcome guys. You have all done great lately. MW aired last week, the second episode. To my great despair, the ratings only dropped lower than the first episode. I want you to know, you are all great actors and actresses, but we are on a tough channel at an inconvenient time slot on a weekday. Being a new show and only having a few episodes to prove ourselves, it would have taken luck to make CW happy with what we were given. We will not give up, and all of us writers will continue pushing toward a contract giving us a full season, and we will strive to bring the light to the show that it deserves. It is nothing against the cast, you are all amazing and will not have a problem finding another platform to work on. Though I am grieved to say this, the show was cancelled at this time, this will not be our final try or script. And once we get something that's going to work, all of you are coming back!"

Everyone laughed only at the end. More like fake laughing. The cast was pretty disappointed.

"So, with that said, you may leave set and I will be in touch will all of you."

I collected my things and left. I was disappointed, but not greatly. When any project doesn't work out like hoped, it sucks. All of the cast were wonderful, though most fairly new to the business. I knew all of them wouldn't have trouble finding work.

Though sad, I was a little too relived. I haven't seen Ross in what seems like weeks, Adam and Eddy needed an explanation, and I owed Colin a visit.