Chapter 13: Back to LA.

"What?"

Colin was surprised by what I'd said. I was too.

"I'll do the special, Colin. Though we've been through a lot, you're my best friend and if you think this is a good idea, then I'll do it."

"I'm not your charity case, Jennifer. I don't want you to do it. I'm not talking you into doing something you don't want to do."

"Stop being so stubborn. I'm doing it."

He looked down, clearly thinking deeply.

"Thank you, Jen."

"You don't have to thank me. I've got to go back to LA and pack...the special will probably only take a week and a half. Then I have to go back to LA and back to work."

"I understand," he said now, walking back toward me. Do you want me to go back with you?

We exchanged looks. I was trying to find his reason for asking in his eyes. He still looked somber, like he needed a friend. Friend.

"Colin...I...of course. We will leave tomorrow morning. Does that work?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll go say bye to everyone at Josh's house and then go pack. Are you going to tell everyone you've agreed to do the special now?"

"Yeah. Let's go back right now". I smirked. I hope I don't regret this.

The next morning we were headed back to LA. Colin was sleeping in the chair next to me. Even in his sleep, his forehead was wrinkled and lips pursed. I could tell he was filled with stress and worry. Worried about Evan and what would happen to him. Stressed about the whole situation. I wanted to come clean and tell him what I knew, and that I'd overheard his conversation with Helen. Maybe I would.

A few hours later, we finally got to LA. I was happy to be back in this sunny weather, but part of me was yearning for Vancouver again. Going back brought back a lot of memories and feelings.

"Colin, wake up. Colin."

His eyes started to peel open.

"Look at that, Jennifer waking me up. Kind of ironic, being you're the sleeping queen."

"Very funny, Hurry up, the flight just landed."

"Ah, back to reality. Come on, princess. I'll get the bags."

It sounded so weird. Princess. He hasn't called me than in months. Since before the trip.

A few hours later, we were back in my apartment. We planned on staying overnight, going to Vancouver for two weeks and being back just in time to shoot Mama's Wish.

"Jen, are you all unpacked?"

"Yes, just finished up."

"Will you come and sit down? I want to talk"

Great. He knew about my eavesdropping...

"Jen we cannot just ignore that 4 months ago, I-"

His voice stopped and he starting sweating.

"I kissed you. And you kissed back. Now you're just acting like none of it ever happened."

"Colin, it's not that I don't think about it...a lot. Because I do. It was amazing and all...But it can't happen agai-"

Colin interrupted me. He crashed his lips on mine. I knew by the way he was kissing me, he'd been waiting to kiss me for a while...

"Why'd you do that? I have a boyfriend...Colin..."

His hand was still wrapped around my neck. I heard his heart beating through his chest.

"Jennifer, for once, live in the moment. Kiss me for bloody sake."

He brought me in again. After a few seconds of me not kissing back, he kept kissing me and waiting for me to respond. Finally he pulled away.

"Colin I-"

I kept trying to think of a good reason why I shouldn't kiss back, and live in the moment. I stared at his lips. I kissed him first this time, much like Emma kissed Killian in Neverland. I never wanted reality to set in; this was so perfect.

After a few minutes, I turned to the other side of the room, embarrassed and confused.

I went up to him, a few inches from his face. I grabbed his bags and pushed them into his hand. Our eyes were still locked.

"Why? We didn't even pay for an extra room..."

"Ill see you in the morning."

I gave him a short kiss, both smiling like idiots while it lasted.

"Goodnight Jen."

So I'm sure none of you liked his chapter right?! 😏 Hahah comment and vote! New chapter coming soon.