Tony Stark | Stone Cold {part 2}

Rather than it being based on the song 'Stone Cold', I'm basing part 2 on 'A Change Of Heart' by The 1975 because I may be in love with them...

For goodness sake
I wasn't told you'd be this cold
Now it's my time to depart and I just had a change of heart

You sprinted from the ground floor of Stark Tower as quickly as you could so that you could stop the feeling of humiliation that would have consumed you if the whole of the room had seen you crying over a man of all things. You were an Avenger. Someone powerful. Someone who people looked up to. If Tony didn't appreciate you then you would move on eventually, maybe even becoming friends again. Or at least you hoped you could be friends again. It never really worked out with exes, but Tony was someone you wanted in your life, if not romantically, then platonically.

A stitch had developed in your side as you reached Grand Central Station, knowing Tony wouldn't be caught dead in a place which usually held a large crowd and an emotional woman, unless it was a party. You walked over to the ticket booth and bought a ticket to the station close to your house, deciding against walking home or catching a taxi. Due to the time being 11:00pm, thankfully hardly any people were around in the station, meaning no one bore witness to your tear stained face, streaked makeup and red cheeks. You were pretty sure you looked your worst as you sat down on the gigantic, grand steps that ascended highly, filling up the back of the station.

Heavily, you slumped onto the marble railings, supporting your depressive position, and unbuckled your heels, finally relieving the pain that running in them caused. Fiddling with a strap, you kept your gaze on the shining floor as you started to wait for the half an hour until the train arrived and replayed the events of the night. You guessed Tony really had a change of heart, especially since he was so cold towards you. When you looked at Tony before, you felt like the sun had risen, pushing away any signs of rain, but when he looked at you in Stark Tower tonight, he made you feel isolated, like a storm pushing you away and welcoming the rain and clouds. As you were thinking this, the sound of rubber shoe soles rubbing against the marble floor notified you of someone's presence. Assuming it was someone who worked at the station or a fellow passenger you continued to look down, fiddling with your fingers, hoping that you had shielded your face well enough from whoever was waking towards you so that they wouldn't see the tears that had fallen. You suppressed a sniffle, finally realising that the footsteps had stopped echoing around the station and were now by your own feet. The fancy, expensive leather reflecting the light that shone around the vast station.

You used to have a face straight out of a magazine
Now you just look like anyone
I just had a change of heart
I feel as though I was deceived
I never found love in the city
I just sat in self-pity and cried in the car
Oh I just had a change of heart

You continued to start at the floor as if you were inspecting the various patterns the marble created when joined together. You were nervous, your heart started to beat a heavy drum rhythm in your chest and your palms started to sprout sweat.

A deep voice cleared his throat and started to speak, "(Y/N)..."
Your head snapped up so fast you thought you'd got whiplash from the force of the movement, "T-Tony? What do you want?" Your voice held a note of distaste and expression made anyone who may be watching your exchange know that you'd rather be anywhere than speak to Tony.
"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for not telling you how I felt, for kissing Pepper, for being insensitive and dancing with her when all I could think about was you. I love you (y/n). So goddamned much." He stared into your eyes as you continued to sniffle.
"Tony. Why did you do it? I thought we were happy together. I loved you. I loved you so much! You just threw it all back in my face. I gave you all of me. I don't know why you couldn't talk to me, I've been there for you since day one, Tony." You were angry now and had stood up, stalking over to him. "I can't trust you anymore. You betrayed me." You were nose to nose now, your brow furrowed, but no tears fell, only anger bubbled up like lava ready to overflow. "I LOVED YOU TONY! WASN'T THAT ENOUGH?" Your voice had risen and your chest huffed as you tried to regain both your control and breath.
Tony was speechless, his eyes staring into yours as he tried to unravel the words you had spoken... and shouted.
"I don't know why I did it!" He responded. His voice rising too. "I felt so alone, (y/n). You were with Sam and Bucky all the time and I felt left out and jealous."
"JEALOUS? You had nothing to be jealous about. I love you, you idiot! You! You were... are my world!" You started to hammer your fists against his chest, his form firm under your hands. "You. Ruined. It. All!"
"I've messed up. I love you. I fûcking love you. What we have can't be thrown away because of one mistake, (y/n). I love you. Not Pepper. Not any other girl I've ever been with. Just you. I can't focus without you. I've been crying and in a pathetic state of self-pity." He was crying now tears falling down his face and he rested his forehead against yours. You hesitantly reached up your small hand and stroked the side of his face, wiping away his tears.
"What are we going to do, Tony?" You quietly said, "I wish I could change how my heart felt. I wish I couldn't feel anymore. It would be so much easier to walk away from you. To leave for good, but I love you Tony and I don't think that will ever change."
"Then don't walk away. Stay. We can work it out." He almost whimpered before he responded to your previous question. You looked straight into his eyes for a long moment and decided to throw caution to the wind and follow your heart. Before you or Tony knew what was happening, you felt your lips hit Tony's, your tears mingling, the salty taste of them filling your mouths. You could only focus on Tony as you reunited. His taste, the feel of his hair, the way you got perfectly into his arms like the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle. You felt complete. You were with the man you loved, in his arms, and safe.

A/N: I finally wrote part 2 since you all requested it so much! I'm sorry if this feels a bit rushed or cliche/ cheesy or crappy, but I was just writing and haven't double checked it yet. I have NCS tomorrow for the day so I may not be on to reply to comments until 4:00pm UK time.

I'm gonna go to bed now because it's quarter past 12.

Love you all,
Holly x