Peter Parker {request} |Bruises

For @loganlovesniall and @janinezet

Lockers loomed all around me, making an impenetrable wall. I hurried to my locker and grabbed the several books I'd need for my next lesson which was maths. Slamming the door shut to the narrow piece of metal that was the only thing I could call my own at school, I sprinted to room 2 for maths with Mrs James. The late bell rang loudly just as my feet stepped over the threshold and I breathed a sigh of relief that no more attention would be drawn to myself.
"Miss/Mr (y/l/n). Almost late. Sit down in your seat." Mrs James notified the whole class of my late arrival, making my cheeks flush a bright crimson colour that was comparable to a tomato.
Shuffling to my seat with my books acting as a shield to the sniggers that were emitting from several people in the room, I slumped in my chair, the faded wood cold on the back of my legs.
"Register time. Answer when I say your name." Mrs James said monotonously like she was bored to do her job.
Several people grunted as their names were called out and I answered mine quietly.

*time skip brought to you by Peter doing the YMCA dance in his spidey suit and getting tangled in the webs*

It was when I was working on a quadratic equation that Peter Parker, the school photographer, limped into the room, a miniscule cut under his eye looked fresh, like it had happened only mere minutes before he walked into the room. Concerned I turned around slightly when he walked past until he sat behind me in the empty desk flinching as he sat down to heavily. He looked up trying to spot if anyone had seen him flinch so I turned around and looked down, only chancing slide glances as I attempted to spot anymore injuries. It seemed as if the bruises on his face appeared by magic because one minute I finished an equation and the next it had appears faintly, but still noticeable of you looked closely. The bruise was centred to his eye socket and under eye and was getting darker everytime I looked up.

Frowning, I looked down and finished writing out and answering the question on the board. Why was I reacting like this? I mean I'd never really had a conversation with him for longer than five minutes and those were usually about homework. He'd never given me any hint that he liked me, so why was he suddenly on my mind. Maybe I wanted to play the heroine...

It was at this thought that the bell rung loud and clearly through the hall ways, the sound penetrating the heavy, wooden doors and double glazing windows. I was the last person in the room with Peter due to the initial bell signalling lunch time. I gained a sudden burst of confidence and approached his tall figure as he was bent over his bag putting his text books away.
"Hey, Peter." I squeaked almost like a mouse.
"Hi, (y/n). How are you?" Peter replied, jerking his shoulders in pain when he breathed in too deeply.
"I'm fine," I mumbled, "what's happened to you Peter?" I said becoming louder like my passion was controlling my volume.
"Just a run in with some bullies." He saw the look of concern and tried to tell a joke, "You should see the other guys." He laughed, but I didn't respond.
"Who was it?" I asked quietly. I mean I wasn't going to do anything about it because, as much as I'd like to believe, I'm not confident or strong enough to face someone like that.
"It was outside of school. Anyway why do you want to know? No one cares and I like that." He sharply said before dashing off on a strip at too much attention. I picked up my bags and walked to lunch, the exchange I had with Peter speeding through my mind at a hundred miles a minute. I guess I'll have to find out who's doing it myself...

A/N: Yay! An update after like a month 😂 I'm sorry for not updating I've not really been inspired and I've been busy with school. It's my birthday today so I'm writing this chapter on my new phone. I'm going to bed now guys because I have school tomorrow. Love you guys. Goodnight!