Tony Stark | Stone Cold

Inspired by the song 'Stone Cold' by Demi Lovato and marvelxduhh 's Scott McCall imagine

Stone cold, stone cold
You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor
Stone cold, stone cold
Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore

It had been weeks since you'd seen or even spoke to Tony due to you trying to keep as far away from him as possible. So far it had worked as Fury had put you on many missions that didn't involve the help of the notorious Stark, often pairing you with Sam or Bucky, enabling you to put your full concentration into something that didn't involve you thinking of Tony and somehow connecting a memory to the thought or action or place which seemed to be occurring most of the time.

Recently the only memories you were reminded of were seeing Tony and Pepper passionately kissing in the living room of the floor that you and Tony had shared. You thought Tony truly loved you and had changed for the better, especially since he'd been drafted into the Avengers initiative and was able to grow up some more and actually claim responsibility for his actions; however when you saw him and Pepper, he never tried to stop you from leaving and never chased after you, only a stone cold expression on his face as he realised you had caught him. That made you ache the most, the realisation that you'd not meant anything to him and were a means to an end, a game for him to occupy his time with for a while. Unlike him, you'd felt something in the time spent together: your heart beat faster whenever he walked into a room, you blushed, your palms become moist and your breathing increased. Most importantly he had constantly made you smile, his sarcastic attitude bringing a grin onto your face when he sassed Natasha, his handsome face grinning as he saw you, making you feel beautiful, but currently all you felt like doing was crying and wishing that you couldn't feel anything and could turn off your emotions.

The only thing that was pushing you through the ordeal was that Tony might finally be happy, if he wasn't happy with you, or so you kept telling yourself, repeating it like a way of life in your head. Even if you felt so much pain from Tony's betrayal, you would hate yourself if he was stuck unhappily with you, you had only wished he'd told you, not let you witness it for yourself. It only caused doubts to spring in your mind about if he'd actually loved you and if he ever felt happy with you.

As you were thinking about this, Nat had seemed to sneak into the room during your inner turmoil and was sitting next to you.
"Finally (y/n), I was beginning to think you were frozen or something. It wouldn't surprise me to be honest," Nat said, making you laugh.
"I wouldn't be surprised either," you giggled, "What's up?"
"Well... Tony is throwing a fundraiser ball in Stark Tower on Friday night and Fury wants all of us to attend." She rushed out in one breath.
"All of us?" You had to have heard her wrong, that meant you had to be in the same room as Tony and most likely... Pepper.
"I tried to argue with Fury, but you know how he is when he has an idea... besides of you do go, you can show Tony that you have moved on." She said with fake enthusiasm. She knew full well you hadn't moved on.
"How can I try and show him that I've moved on when all I want to do is die on the floor?" You asked, making her raise a perfectly groomed eyebrow.
"Stop being so dramatic, (Y/N)" she stared at you, her eyebrow still raised, until you felt uneasy.
"Alright, I'll go, but I won't even look at him." You stated, raising your ungroomed eyebrows, "if you don't mind, Nat, I'm going to wallow in self pity and then go into a frenzy about what I'm going to wear, I only have three days." And with that you whisked away to your room to try and find a dress that you'd not already worn or that Tony hadn't bought you.

Stone cold
Stone cold
You're dancing with her
While I'm staring at my phone
Stone cold
Stone cold
I was your amber, but now
She's your shade of gold

After much anxiousness, Friday finally arrived and to say you were dreading the evenings events was an understatement. You were tempted to call in sick to S.H.I.E.L.D so that you wouldn't have to see Tony's smug face as he flirted with any girl he saw. As you slipped off your sweatpants and hoodie that you changed into when you got home from work, you had a shower to make sure you got any grime off of you that had crept up during your work day. After shaving your legs and armpits to make them silky smooth, you stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around you, blow drying your hair as your body dried. You twisted your hair into a messy bun that still looked arrogant and whisps of hair escaped the hair tie resulting in them framing your face and softening your features. You thought you'd keep your hair and makeup simple, opting for some eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick so that it would compliment your black, strapless, floor length dress nicely. Grabbing your clutch, you walked out of the door of your room to the lift I'm your apartment complex since you were staying away from Tony and hailed a taxi to take you to Stark Towers.

Once at Stark Towers you stepped into the lift/elevator and travelled to Nat's floor, greeting Jarvis as you entered.
" Miss (y/l/n) what a pleasure to see you again." Jarvis replied on your way up to Nat.
"You too, Jarvis." You sighed and stepped onto the Black Widow's floor and shouted to let her know you were there. The last thing you needed was Nat whooping your ass tonight.
"Nat!" You yelled, "where are you?"
Nat stepped around the corner wearing a knee length red dress with black heels and walked towards you, spinning you around and walking back to the lift/elevator.
"Let's make an entrance." She said as you laughed, slightly taken aback by her quickly dragging you out of her room.
Jarvis didn't speak as you travelled back down to the ground floor, letting you think about the disaster that you were letting yourself information tonight.
"Are you ready?" Nat asked, still linking your arm.
"As ready as I'll ever be," you replied, taking in a shaky breath.

You took a few hesitant steps out of the elevator and into the party. It was jam packed. You pushed your way to the bar and sat down next to Sam, ordering a shot of whiskey because Nat disappeared to find Clint.
"Going a bit heavy, (y/n). You've only just got here." Sam remarked as you drank the shot.
"I need all the liquid luck I can get." You muttered, keeping your eyes down.
The previous upbeat song transitioned into a slow song. Looking up, you saw a familiar figure standing in the middle of the dance floor, his arms snaked around Pepper's back and Pepper's head resting on his chest in an intimate position. You stared for what seemed like hours in your head as he spun Pepper elegantly around the dance floor. You didn't know what to do, so you took out your phone, hoping to distract yourself from the feeling of loss and resentment at seeing Tony with Pepper. It should be you he was spinning around the floor, not Pepper. You who should be adoringly resting your head on his chest. You who should be with him.

The bright screen of your phone lit up your face slightly as Sam looked at you with pity on his face.
"I'm sor-" he started, but you held up a finger to silence him, as you kept your eyes on the phone.
"I don't want your pity, Sam." You said, tears springing to your eyes.
With that you rose from your seat not paying attention to the people around you and shoved your way through the crowd, and wiping your eyes angrily left Stark Towers. Unknowingly to you Tony could see you clearly and all night his attention was diverted away from Pepper and on you. What had he done?

A/N: I don't even know what this is tbh, I just wrote and this was the outcome.

I'm a little obsessed with this song and I thought it was perfect for Tony at the start of Iron Man.

I'm thinking about adding Wade Wilson (Deadpool) to the imagines book, what do you think?

I'm going to bed now guys because it's almost midnight. Sorry if this imagine is a bit crappy, I lost inspiration to carry it on and finally finished it now.

Love you guys - Holly x