Loki x Reader | Birthday

For did-you-mourn

You woke up with a start as someone was almost punching the wooden barrier that kept everyone out of yours and Loki's room. You grabbed your fluffy (favourite colour) dressing gown off of the floor and hopped over dirty clothes that created a small obstacle course on the way to the door. You were too excited today and there was a reason why, you were thinking about your excitement as you swung open the door to reveal a grinning, blonde God of Thunder.
"Many happy returns, Lady (Y/N)!" Thor shouted, making you flinch.
Despite your excitement, you had only just woken up and it was only 8:00AM, "Thor, remember what I've told you about using your inside voice..." You said and smiled at him.
"I am so sorry, Lady (Y/N). I sincerely regret not listening to your advice," he said seriously.
"It doesn't matter Thor and thank you." You felt bad for making him confused, but grateful for the birthday wishes, even if they were extremely loud, "Where's Loki?" You asked him puzzled that you hadn't seen him this morning.
"My brother has travelled to Asgard to have a counsel with my mother and father. I do not know when he will return, but I am sure that he will be back soon. He would not miss your day of birth, Lady (Y/N)." Thor explained sympathetically as he saw your face fall.
"Thank you, Thor. Did he know about this 'counsel' before?" You said emphasising the word counsel as if it was something foreign on your tongue.
"I do not think that I should invade in your personal life with my brother..." Cautiously Thor watched you as you stared at him, waiting for an answer.
"Just tell me, Thor," you commanded as Thor started to protest, "Now!"
"He retrieved the information about this counsel one month ago on his last visit." Thor told you, making you even more angry at Loki; however you calmed yourself down, showing no signs of irritation, and thanked Thor before closing your bedroom door and changing into a pair of navy jeans and a white t-shirt. Messily grabbing your hair, you yanked a brush through the knots that made your hair look like you'd been dragged through several hedges, and tied it into a high ponytail, not taking care in making it neat. You were upset that no one, except for Thor, had remembered your birthday, not even your boyfriend of four years had remembered, which made you angry. None of the Avengers (apart from Thor) even acknowledged your existence, like always, due to your lack of anything supernatural or powerful, which hurt too. Lifting your laptop into your bed you sat with your legs crossed on top of the duvet and started to work, sending documents from Fury to many other companies that supplied S.H.I.E.L.D with its weapons and materials.

*Time skip brought to you by Loki getting birthday cake icing everywhere due to his excitement over cake.*

After several hours you decided to go on a walk to the park close to the tower. You needed to clear your head, otherwise you would be in a wretched mood all day. It wasn't any different - for the past few years Loki had been summoned to a meeting, forced to attend training and had been locked up, all inconveniently on or close to the time of your birthday. This had made you hope that this year would be different and he'd be able to spend some time with you to celebrate. To be honest, you didn't know if he actually knew when your birthday was. You could go to see your family, but you didn't want to drop in unannounced when your parents possibly had plans. Or you could ask one of the Avengers if they'd like to do something; maybe they'd stop ignoring you for a day? Instead you walked around the park for a few hours and bought yourself an ice cream, hey why not treat yourself for once? You say watching the ducks swim on the pond pondering life. As you sat there the afternoon turned quickly into the evening, so before you knew it you had walked back to the avengers tower and into your room to finish some paper work that Fury needed as soon as possible.

When you went to the kitchen to grab some water you grumbled to yourself, "Stupid God of Mischief, forgetting about my birthday. The one day of the year I want to spend with him and he's having banquets with goddesses and warriors. What am I doing? Sitting on my ass working when I could be procrastinating for once in my life!" Your voice had grown so quickly and loudly that Clint poked his head from his hiding place around the corner of the kitchen door. They didn't call him Hawkeye for nothing.
"Hey, (Y/N)... Are you alright? I heard shouting and was wondering what was going on." Hawkeye said hesitantly as he strode forward, walking confidently, but sounding anxious at the same time.
"I'm fine!" You try hard not to snap at him, wanting to be civil.
"You don't seem fine. What's the matter?" You were puzzled that Clint was speaking to you, let alone actually asking if you were okay. You might as well get your annoyance off of your chest.
"Well today's my birthday and Loki has gone off to Asgard, most likely just to have a banquet and I've been left on my own. No one wants to spend time with me. Not even Thor!" You started to rant to Clint, the man who you had never conversed with, whilst he stood with a concentrated look on his face.
"First of all I think you should ignore Loki for a while. Maybe for how long he has gone away, and secondly Happy Birthday!" He spoke like he knew everything about relationships.
"Do write a column for a gossip magazine or something? I mean you sound like you know your stuff." You were going to try the silent treatment when Loki came back, then you could make him feel as annoyed and isolated as you did.
"I just have a wife and life tips. " He laughed genuinely.
"Thanks for the advice, Clint." You turned at the sink and filled the almost forgotten glass that was lying sadly on the side and started to walk away.
"Anytime, (Y/N)." He shouted to your back as you walked past him out of the kitchen to the door of your room.

You were tucked into bed ready to get to sleep, wearing the cringiest pyjamas you could find, and had almost become the actual matress due to how much you'd snuggled into the duvet. It was at this moment that the God of mischief appeared and made his way over to your side of the bed. You turned away so that he was facing your back and he kissed your shoulder attempting to be seductive, but you were just, for better words, passed off at him. So the silence started invading both of your thoughts whilst you turned and dug deeper in the duvet so that he wouldn't be able to kiss you, because lets face it, his kisses made you forget about anything everything. They made your inhibitions wild, like a drug. You wouldn't cave in though. Loki had to learn that it wasn't just him in the relationship and that he had to respect your feelings. Let's just say he'd have to do a lot of grovelling to make it up to you, after all what would be better than seeing a God on his hands and knees, apologising. This image made you smile whilst you pretended to fall asleep and Loki tried to gain your attention.

A/N: Sorry this has taken me ages to write! I've just not had time to write because of school and things. I hope this is alright and it's enjoyable to read; also sorry about the end of the imagine I ran out of ideas, I may write a second part of Loki trying to grovel. Anyway I'm going to bed now because it's midnight in the UK. Good Night/Morning/Afternoon/Evening where ever you are in the world and I hope you have/had a great day! ~ Holly xx