Chapter 14-The Ball-Part 1

Start from the beginning

We walked out of the house and into the cars that was waiting for us. I sat down and the burning came again. I grunted in pain, but hoped no one heard it, but with werewolves all around you, you know they heard it. Dad turned to me with a worry look. "You alright?" I nodded watching his face worry, but shrugged it off. I looked outside my window, seeing nothing but trees as we pass by. I wonder if something is going to happen to me, I can just feel it in my bones.

Light*

I looked at myself in the mirror, checking if I look good for my mate. My hair was curled to the side, where my lips were a pale color of pink. I'm wearing a strapless red dress, the front of my chest cuts open showing a little cleavage, just for my mate. I've decided that I'm not going to wear my cloak, but a red mask. It makes me look mysterious. I jumped when a knock appeared at my door. "Enter!" I yelled as I quickly stepped to the side, behind a door so Lucas won't see me. "Your highness?" he questioned as I heard him step into my room. I closed my eyes then came out of hiding.

My mouth fell to the floor at what I saw. Lucas stood there in a tuxedo, his hair pinned back, but failed a little because some of his hair came back in front of his eyes. What stops me is the mask that he is wearing. Black feathers on each side, which is holding his hair back a little, and the mask brings out his eyes. He stared at me, looked up and down, then looked back up at me. "Wow! You look beautiful your highness." he said bowing his head at me, but didn't break eye contact. I blushed a little. I grabbed my mask off the bed and placed it on my face. I looked up to see Lucas smiling. "Is it on right?" I asked as I moved it a little. "Well, it was perfect at first. Here." he said as he grabbed it and replaced it carefully on my face. He stepped back and grinned. I turned and smiled at my reflection.

"You ready?" he asked holding his arm out for me. I nodded and gladly took it. We walked down the hallway, passing every picture, even Etros. "So Lucas, what made you decide to go to the ball with me." I asked eyeing him. He turned to me, gently smiled. "Well, it's my duty to watch over you. And I must meet your mate." he said slowly. I just nodded, even though I can tell he was lying. We walked out of the castle, I stopped when I saw Odin hooked up to a carriage, I was surprised. "You know people will suspect that Odin is a robot, not a real horse." I stated to him as I walk to Odin and patted his metal neck. Odin made a sound like cling-cling, which made me laugh a little because he was purring, well I hope it was a purr.

"Well, when we get to Alaska. I'll use my special power to transform Odin into a real horse." Lucas said coming to my side. I turned to him, he still had his mask on like I do. "I'm glad your coming Lucas." I said bringing a hand to his cheek. He grabbed my hand from his cheek and kissed it lightly. "We must go your highness, your mate is waiting." he said. His words brung nervousness to me because of tonight. I will meet my mate again, just maybe my old family.

Hope*

We walked up the steps, meeting two guards in black uniforms. "Halt! You guys have invitation?" A man said as he stepped out from the shallows. "Yes." dad said handing him his invitation. The man looked over it, and nodded. "Welcome, Alpha of the Light Pack." The man said as he stepped back and opened the two giant doors. As we came in, music was heard and laughter. I looked to my right, seeing other packs from other country's. Wow!

I thought it was a joke when we got the letter from the Elders saying all werewolves, warlocks, and maybe other creatures were coming. I couldn't see where we were, or where we are going to sit at, to crowded. Dad turned around and calm everyone down. "Now, you have a choice if you want to go somewhere else or you can come with me." dad said looking at everyone. I heard a few people say they were going to explore and meet new people, while the others are coming with us.