.9

picture of new girl^

Grace.

"why are you still visiting me?" I asked
Cameron as I sat down at one of the visitings table.

"because I love you," he whispered and I groaned.

"don't you see understand that you loving me, and me loving you is what got me in this situation in the first place."

"so you admit to loving me," he smirked. I stood there staring at him emotionless.

"I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself."

"anyways," I whispered as I stared at the table as I fiddled with my fingers.

"how are you holding up?" he asked me.

"I'm fine I get to leave in a week if my progress is better."

"look grace. you're free," Cameron said smiling.

free?

"from what?"

"me. you're free from me. no more getting sold into torturous shit. I signed the papers you can do whatever you want. I'm also giving you money so you can start living your life. away from all of this trouble, away from me if you want."

"do you remember when you rode in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself? that's what love feels like."

"what are you trying to say?" he asked confused.

"love didn't kill me. society did."

"so I'm confused.."

"I love you too Cameron," I said getting up out of my seat walking towards one of the guards.

"I'm done with my visiting hours for the day," I said smiling at the guard named Dave.

"are you sure? you have 30 minutes left anything else you need to say before I take you back to your room?" Dave asked me.

I looked back at Cameron as I saw him staring at the table.

"Cameron," I called as I stared at him. he lifted his head up looking at me.

"thank you," I said before turning around and walking back to my room, with Mr.Dave following behind.

I arrived back to my room and was welcomed with effy throwing a tennis ball at the wall.

they caught effy trying to steal pills from one of the rooms, thought she was a threat to herself so she was sent here with me. she gets released in 2 weeks.

"how was it?" effy asked. "you know with Cameron?"

"I don't know what to say," I whispered. I didn't want to tell her that I was in love with Cameron, I don't want her to freak out.

"sometimes people have nothing to say because they're too empty. and sometimes people have nothing to say because they're too full. so spill," effy said sitting down on her bed.

"I love him eff." I whispered.

what appeared on her face was a small smile.

"I know," she whispered back.

"I feel fucking terrible," I said groaning as I laid on my bed.

"what did you do?"

"he set me free. and I left him, I was consumed with too many thoughts. I want to be with him effy," I said smiling wide.

"ladies it's lunch time," a guard said through the doors.

"okay," effy and I said on cue.

"may I please head to the nurses room to get my medicine?" I asked the guard.

"you have 5 minutes."

I nodded my head as I walked 2 halls down to the nurses room. I knocked on the door twice before Mrs.Norman answered.

"grace what can I do for you?" she asked with a smile as she led me into the room.

"I'm here to pick up my anti depression tablets."

"right right." she got up out of her chair and began to rummage through her cabinet full of prescribed medicines. she handed me 2 pills and a cup of water.

I drank the water, and put the pills in my mouth as I gulped it down.

"thank you," I said throwing my cup into the trash.

"see you tomorrow!" she yelled as she closed her door.

I sighed as I made my way into the lunch room. everyone was sitting down in their seats as they ate their food.

I grabbed a sandwich, some fries, an apple, and a bottle of water. I made my way to the table with effy and a new girl named Cassie.

she's here because she has an eating disorder.

"why are you here again Cassie?" I asked her.

effy and I have arrived here 3 weeks ago, every week Cassie is released and returns.

"I stop eating until they take me to the hospital," she said as she showed her smile.

Cassie has been having troubles with her boyfriend sid. he's been fucking another girl and Cassie knows about it. she just doesn't want to admit it to herself.

"hazy days you know..."

"Cassie you need to eat," I said pushing my apple in her direction.

"oh wow."

she grabbed the apple and took a bite out of it. she then placed the apple on the table.

"swallow it," effy spoke.

she rolled her eyes and swallowed the apple piece.

"I'm thinking of leaving this place. growing a beard and joining the circus," she said.

"Cassie you can't leave this place until you're healthy. you won't be healthy until you stop starving yourself," I explained.

"eventually they are going to feed you through a tube and strap you down on a bed," effy added to what I said.

I flinched at the sentence "strap you down." lately I have been having triggers. I started shaking my head from side to side trying to get the thoughts that are coming my way.

"no," I said standing up from my seat.

"oh look she's going mad again."

"shut up Cassie," effy said standing up with me.

"grace you're alright. your in the hospital getting better. you're happy, smiling. picture happy things.
you're leaving in a week, you're going to be free. you're going to live your life," effy said trying to calm me down.

I slowly sat down at the table as I placed my fingers to my tulips.

"sorry," I said to Cassie, and effy.

"it's fine," effy said rubbing my back.

7 votes & 7 comments for chapter 10.

comment however many times you want.