Chapter Nine: Inimical

Start from the beginning

I begin to find myself dragging myself along the path feeling extremely out of it. I'm feeling thirsty and hungry now. I pull out my phone from my pocket. My phone is drenched and clearly not going to work. I chuck it on the floor.

Just another phone that's been messed up from saving the world. I wonder how mum kept affording her and myself new phones all the time and even when Sky came into the picture. Must of been hard trying to keep up with the bills.

I still miss mum a lot but I don't feel so sad anymore about it. I think as much as what happened really hurt me and Sky I think because we have each other, we have our home still and even Mr Smith and K-9 we will be okey. With Rani and Clyde by our side too. We have nothing to worry about.

I do hope Sky is okey. I know she got away and I am certain all three of them will still be in that Mine and even if they found each other they won't leave without me so I know I got to go back in.

"You," I hear someone say loudly.

I look up from my thoughts where I had been walking slowly to find that strange couple all in black edging towards me ever so slightly.

"What happened?" the women asks.

"Nothing much," I say not really wanting to get into a full conversation with these two.

"We had been waiting for you," the man says.

"What?"

"You heard us Luke Smith!"

You have got to be kidding me. "How do you know my name? What do you want?

"We see you put the ring on," speaks the man this time walking closer towards me.

I look down at my hand to see the ring still on my finger but I hadn't noticed how tight it had got. I try pull it off but it won't budge.

"Its no good Mr Smith. That won't come off now," smiles the women.

I stop trying turning my attention back to them, "What are you saying?"

They both laugh in sync this time. I knew they seemed strange when I looked at them earlier. Even Jordon and Laura said something felt off about them.

"I don't have time for this now," I say walking around them and carrying on my way.

"If I was you Mr Smith I listen to what we have to say."

I turn back around, "And why is that and its Luke!"

"Well you see Luke. We are out in the middle of nowhere. Your phone is bust and you have no idea what we are capable of."

This can't be happening right now.  Why do I always find myself in these situations all the time. Like they are all drawn to me. Thanks mum, thanks a lot.

Suddenly the women stepped sharply forward grabbing onto my jacket pulling me close to her and she didn't seem to be bothered at all that I'm still drenched.

"Time is almost upon you Luke Smith. The time to face what's been waiting for years and you will watch as this world falls. Leaving only you and what is to come!" she cackles.

I pull from her grip, "What are you on about!"

"You look so lost and confused Luke. It all make sense soon. Enjoy our little gift for now," smiles the man.

"What is happening? Why can't I take it off! What does it do?"

They both laugh again but this time more creepy. "What do you think?"

I shake my head, "Its a ring. It could do anything. If its alien then it could do anything."

"That is right Luke it could do anything but you got no clue what?"