So I decided to speak, but not just anything — I decided to speak the truth, the truth about us.

"You hurt." I told him without taking my eyes away from the water.

"Didn't I juss' say-,"

"You don't like getting into your problems, because then you'll be faced with the act of dealing with them. Every microscopic piece of agony you try to hide it away from the world, and convince your mind that it's in complete desolation— but let's face it, that's where it dwindles in the most, right in that beautiful mind of yours. You think not talking about it, will make all of it just disappear-',

"Shut up."

"But no, it doesn't. It only makes you grow more and more flustered with those tormenting thoughts."

"Shut up Delilah."

"Standing up to the scars that linger far beyond the surface of your heart is something you'll  never plan to do— it would be to painful to do that. The skeletons in your closet can no longer be contained, you have too many, but you act as if you're blind to your ongoing problem— even though you're literally walking on skulls."

"Shut da' fuck up!" He yelled getting in my face." You don't know shit bruh, you think juss' cause you got lil school girl issues dat' you juss' automatically know how real pain feel?! Bitch please! You thank you know how hard life really is, huh?! Nawl, you don't! So shut dat' shit up, until you actually go through some real life emotional shit don't speak on shit ova' hea'! Cause right nah' you soundin' like a dumb ass bitch cuz!"

Not giving me a chance to respond, or even giving my tears a chance to cascade from my eyes, he got up grabbed his bag and walked towards the secret path, not once looking back at me.

Little did he know that those 'school girl' problems were just the icing on top of the cake. Just like I don't know him, he doesn't know me as well as he thinks he does. Sad to say, but school is actually the second calming place I have to go other than here.

Because as soon as I step foot into my home, my world is nothing but shambles, but I play it off so well that you would never know what goes on behind close doors. The horrors that this dark eyed child had to face for the sake of another's happiness and another's pleasure.

I was too ashamed to express those unforgettable moments to another soul that wasn't like mine, I couldn't allow someone that didn't have a broken spirit into my life, because they would only judge me.

That's why I have to keep Austin in my life because I know that pain. I get it. That's the pain that finds comfort when you've found weakness, it likes to see you down and falling with nothing to grasp on to. Keeping you insane, knowing you've been searching your mind tirelessly for a single piece of sanity— it's the worse type of pain there is, and it has a meaningless purpose. The only reason it's there is because it doesn't want to be lonely. Pain enjoys misery, so that's what you become— the definition of misery. Silly me though, I found someone that understood how it felt to have such an evil inside of you, but from the looks of it, I think I just lost him.

Dammit!

I didn't even have him long.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°