Is This Love? Part 7.

Nick's POV

"Judy..." Nick spoke softly, his paws gently caressing her back. Judy's slight sobs shook his frame as he cradled her.

"Nick. I didn't know what happened. I didn't look behind me and left my door open one time, and look at what happened. You didn't answer your phone for 2 weeks and didn't show up at the ZPD. I thought you were gone forever. I- I thought someone might hav-." She said, not finishing the last sentence, through almost silent sobs.

"I know and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I can never forgive myself for putting you through that, I was angry for no reason." Nick felt horrible; his heart crumbled with each look at Judy's once fearful and now pained face. Her amethyst eyes were filled with tears and seemed dull compared to their usual bright purple. Judy looked at him, wiping her eyes and taking deep breaths.

"Never, leave me again." She said finally, now serious and over her crying. She looked at him hard, searching Nick's face, trying to pry details from him. Her face softened a bit and she lightly smiled, still looking at him. Nick's eyes never left hers. They stayed like that for a little while, until the other bunny spoke up, obviously uncomfortable.

"So, you're Nick. I'm just assuming." He said with a wary chuckle, his green eyes flicked to Judy with a sort of look of affection. Nick snorted under his breath and caught Judy looking at the bunny.

"Yeah, who are you?" Nick asked, trying not to let his voice sound unfriendly. He couldn't help it though.

"Oh, I'm Noah. Noah Whiskerson. Judy told me all about you." Noah said walking over and extending a paw. Nick didn't return the gesture. The bunny cleared his throat and slowly lowered his paw, returning it to his side.

"Nick, Noah has asked me out on a date." Judy said looking to Noah with a small smile. Nick's heart stopped. His whole existence felt out of balance. He couldn't even muster enough strength to look at Noah.

"Nick? Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." Judy said looking to him, concern filled her gaze.

"I'm fine. I'm okay, I just need some air." Nick grunted as he rose from the couch, he didn't realize that he was holding Judy's paw. It slipped from his paw and Nick walked to the door.

"Nick!" Judy said scrambling off the couch and going over to Nick. He walked out into the hallway. He heard the door close as Judy grabbed his paw, and he turned around. Her ears were laid against her head, soft and observant. Picking up the slightest noise or motion. Her face, gentle and sweet. Eyes, never letting go and taking in everything around her.

"What's wrong?" She asked staring at him, her eyes searching Nick's face.

"'What's wrong?' I don't know. Just that I find out all of a sudden that you're going to go out with some bunny you just met and I'm supposed to be okay with it?" He said, Nick's fists were clenched and shaking with anger by his sides.

"Why is that a problem that I'll be going out with Noah?" She asked, hurt clear in her voice. Nick shook his head.

"Because I love you Judy." He blurted out, she backed up an inch. A look of confusion showed across her face.

"Nick... Why?" Judy asked holding her paws to her chest.

"Because you're amazing Judy. You were determined and optimistic no matter what animals told you when you wanted to be a police officer. Granted, I didn't like you at first, but after that stunt before finding Mr. Big's limo, I knew that you weren't a dumb bunny. You showed me that life is worth living, and to live life to the fullest, not just conning animals. You gave me a better life; I fell in love with you Judy." Nick spoke softly, casting his eyes downward. He heard an audible gasp and saw Judy with her mouth hanging slightly open.

"Nick... I'm sorry." She said, and she didn't need to say anything more. He understood, she didn't love him, not like he loved her. Friends were what she wanted to be. He could feel his heart break in two; everything he just confessed was a waste of time and energy. Nick turned around with his back to Judy. Her paw wrapped around his shoulder.

"Don't bother Judy. I understand it all now." He said with a grunt.

"Nick, don't leave me again."

"One side of a broken heart feels like it's crumbling, tears rolling down the side. The world shattering beneath it. The other, feels as though the darkness is creeping in on it. And threatens to devour it. Swallowing what was once beautiful and bright, and turning it to ashes and dust."

- Storm