Is This Love? Part 5.

Nick's POV

The streets of Zootopia were crawling with mammals. Rhinos, hippos, elephants, wolves, giraffes, every animal seemed to be walking around. For a Saturday afternoon it was normal, as normal to Nick as his Hawaiian shirts and tie. Nick's mind wandered, he thought about everything he had said to Judy. It made his stomach churn just thinking about what he did. He felt awful and wanted to see her so desperately, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. So instead, he thought about her. Her soft grey fur, like strong steel in the sunlight. Bright amethyst eyes taking in everything, like a sponge. Her body, lithe but strong. Her lips-

"Dude, are you okay?" Finnick asked, looking to Nick with a bewildered look on his face. Nick shook his head and tried to clear his thoughts of Judy. But her bright face and erect ears kept coming back to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Nick said as he looked away from the sandy Fennec fox walking beside him. Finnick always invaded his privacy and tried to pry his life apart. It was irritating.

"Judy? Thinking about your maaate?" Finnick asked smirking and batting his eyes, dragging out the last word. Nick cringed and growled under his breath. He started to walk faster, shoving his paws in his pockets.

"Nick! Nick wait up!" Finnick shouted trying to catch up, but Nick ignored his shouts. He fast-walked past many shops and places where he could trick some animals into a free meal or an easy buck. But he stopped doing those kinds of things after meeting Judy. She changed his life for the better and he was too stupid to see it. He was always alone and relied on his wits for most of his life and never needed anyone else. But after he met Judy, she started to help him. It was little things that shouldn't have bothered Nick so much, but they irritated him. He should have been supportive of her though and follow some of her suggestions. After all, she was only trying to help. Nick didn't notice it at first, but after two weeks of being alone and thinking, he realized how much he cared about her. Being without her was torture and it hurt even more when he saw other bunnies walking down the street, reminding him of his little carrot. Nick stopped suddenly and looked around, he had been walking blindly, lost in thought. He ended up at Judy's apartment, he searched for the police cruiser, but it was nowhere to be found. Nick scrunched up his muzzle and went to the back parking lot. It was unusual for her to park back there, but he didn't think much of it. As he rounded the corner, the police cruiser came into view. He sighed as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. A strong scent wafted to Nick's nose, tangy and metallic. Nick walked closer to the car, the scent got stronger still. As he inched closer to the car, the scent was overbearing. He looked and saw that the driver side door was open and below the car, a pool of blood was drying. Nick felt his blood run cold as he pictured Judy, lifeless and bleeding, without him to save her.

"Judy!" He screamed as he crumpled to the ground, hot tears flowing down his face.