"Thank you"

Mylin

The sound off the gunshots rang over and over again, my hand trembling as I loosen the grip on the gun, exhaling and inhaling slowly. I started to smile. I heard clapping and I turned to see August smiling at me with the clear glasses that shield his eyes resting on his perfectly structured face. I focused back on the strip of paper as it rolled down closer to me.

"Wow two arms, one stomach you doin' good baybeh"

"Really?" I asked with my voice laced with happiness.

"Hell yeah dis beats two walls and one ground"

My smile dropped remembering my very first try.

"Shut up I was nervous"

"I would say the same thing"

"Whatever but what I do want is head"

"I can make that happen"

"Not that head you pervert I meant a headshot"

He laughed turning me around

"Come on lemme show you"

He held my arm, as I raised the gun, helping centre my aim, he rubbed my arm helping me relax.

"Breathe"

He nuzzled his chin in the crook of my neck before whispering.

"Shoot"

Pulling the trigger the bullet went directly in the head. He kissed my cheek taking the gun out of my hands safely placing it down. August decided to take me to a gun range to teach me how to shoot. I didn't reject the offer I was actually really excited about it. We've been here from one and it's about four now, I really didn't care how long we spent here I was having fun.

"So I thinks that just about it fa nah"

"But noooo I'm having fun"

"We been here long enough ma we gotta leave na' "

I pouted as we removed the glasses and earmuffs handing over to the man standing behind us. He. Smiled taking them from us and I went straight to the car.

"You mad?" August asked opening the car.

"Nah I'm actually tired baby"

"Afta all that shit you must be"

"Where we going Cuz I wanna go eat something and sleep"

"Ta ma mama"

"Oh ok haven't seen her in a bit and I wanted to talk to her"

"About?"

"Stuff"

"Betta not tell a whole bunch a lies on me na"

"Imma tell her you rough me up all the time and yell"

"Chill lah girl Cuz she gon buhlee ya den be on my ass"

"What's the problem Cuz if she on your ass you'll be off mine"

--

"Hey ma wassup"

"Hey son Mylin dawlin' "

"Hey mama how are you?"

"I'm fine chile how you doin"

"I'm okay but I'd be better if I got a chance to talk to you"

"Okay imma be outside call me when yall done"

"Okay so what's up Mylin"

"I wanna talk to you like a mother to daughter"

"Okay what's wrong Aug ain't do nothin did he"

"No but I wanted to thank you"

"For what chile"

"Mama you accepted me when Anthony first introduced us.........and........with my past that means so much to me" I started to cry a bit when my voice cracked "My own mother.....she.....doesn't...." I paused for a minute as Mama wrapped her arms around me, she held me in her embrace while I just cried a bit, felt good being in a mother's embrace.

"She doesn't accept me, she doesn't want me and for you to actually do it means a lot. Like I know we're just boyfriend and girlfriend but it still means a lot to me"

"It's nothin' chile it really isn't and don't care bout ya mama, some women can't handle dat kind'a responsibility and she's missin' out on one hell of a person so it's her loss"

She squeezed me one last time before kissing my cheek and releasing me. Same time Kayden came running in.

"Hey Tete Mylin why you cryin' "

"Allergies"

"Want some of my medicine?"

"I'm okay I'm just gonna go home and sleeeep and eaaaat but thanks for caring"

"Oh ok but you want some for uncle, I know he gets annoyin' sometimes"

"Hun why would I want it for Aug?"

"He said when I was a baby and I wouldn't sleep he put it in my juice that was in my sippy cup, he said just a cork full whenever Mya being annoyin and won't let me play or somethin' "

"What tha hell August told you!!!!!"

Meanwhile Aug was walking in but the tone of voice his mother had and he heard his name changed his mind.

"Oh shit"

"Getcho yo ass back in hea boy I'm bout to slap you into next week and then back to yesterday"

Chandra walked in confused.

"I ain't do it"

"So you ain't tell her to give Mya medicine when she being annoying and won't let her play" I asked sounding serious, you could tell he was gettin nervous.

"Ion know what YALL talkin bout you know how kids be with they imagination and dolls and they mind and and they dolls.....and i-imagination and they mind....and they dolls a----"

"Uncle you said dolls already"

"Hush up ya lil snitch"

"So you did tell her." I jumped up.

Chaylin and Travis walked in with the mail and a Popsicle eating.

"Mama the mail man just dropped this off" Chaylin put the mail on the counter and Aug being himself wanted to change the topic.

"How much time Imma tell you not to take Popsicles from the mail man" he took the Popsicles from them throwing it in the empty garbage bin.

"Uncle Travis gave me"

Aug looked at everyone before taking out of the bin giving them back and patting their heads.

"My badness" he walked off dismissing the previous conversation.