Chapter 23: I'm Insane.

Clary's POV:

Darkness. For hours everything I could see was... well that's just it. Nothing. I could see nothing. It was like i was in a dark small room with no way out. But what's weird is that I have been feeling around, looking for a wall of some sort but came up with nothing. God if people could see me right now I would die. I'm seriously blind. How do people put up with this? I felt paranoid and uneasy. I rely on my eyes so much I didn't realize what advantage and privilege I had until it was taken from me. And not to mention my fear and hatred for small places. I like being out in the opened which is why I normally spend my days outdoors than indoors. Where ever I was I felt no breeze, or cool air to hint me on where I was located. I had so many questions and no one here to answer me. I sunk to the ground and thought. How'd I get here? Where was here anyways? Why was I all alone? Where's Jon? I stood up quickly!among my head go dizzy. I stumbled into the never ending darkness searching. He had to be here. He was always close to me. No matter what. So he HAD to be here too, probably lost. Confused just like me. When I find him we'll get out of here. Form a plan together and escape from where this place was. My stinking quickly turned into jogging, then sprinting. Hopefully he's not hurt. Other then the numbness in my whole body I was for but he... he could be in a worse condition.

"Jonathan!" I am shouted already out of breath. I was starting to get surprisingly tired so of the sudden. My running slowed. "JONATHAN!" I shrieked, panting now. I stopping running completely by then and just leaned onto my knees trying to get my breathing to slow. I felt like I was about to break down. Tears building up in my eyes as I squinted attempting to see. But with no luck. I needed to get out of here and figure out what happened. I need to escape.

"You can't escape your own mind." A soft voice purred from around me. My back straightened up, I was now on high alert. But my heart race and breathing did not slow down. Was I going to have a heart attack? I turned in a circle my hand up protecting my face. "Who's there?" I asked quickly just over a whisper. I couldn't hear any movement over the ponding of my heart. I tried peering into the darkness but alas turned up with completely nothing at all. I heard and saw no one. Was the voice from my head? Was all the drinking finally making me go insane? Was that even possible? Or maybe I was Insane all along... hmm. "You're such an interesting creature. With very amusing thoughts." The now familiar voice whispered in a ear, clearly fascinated by me.

The small hairs on my arms stop up as I felt soft breathing against my ear. "Who are you?" I questioned quietly, trying to sound confident and anything but horrified. The thing chuckled, coming a bit closer so I could feel the fur? Against my face. What was that thing? Clearly that someone or something was not human. And most likely knows where I am and would know the reason for so. And why am I suddenly compelled to stand completely still? I can't seem to move my legs, which I was slightly thankful for considering before they were shaking quietly. I felt the thing exhale on my cheek before responding. "The better question would be... Where are you?"

Shit he's right. I cleared my thought slightly before asking. "Where am I?" He chuckled deeply again before backing away from me silently. I turned and stared in his direction, not seeing anything. I started to question if he was even there in the first place before I heard the sound of a match and seen fire being set to a candle that seemed to magically appear. The candle gave off a soft glow making anything or anyone in 7 feet visible. The candles handle was held by the thing or should I say wolf person? The person seemed to have the form of any fit gentleman in his late 30's. He was dressed in black dress pants, a white button up shirt, and clean dress shoes. His appearance looked as if he was about to attend a wedding or he was from back in the day. That is until you looked at his face or hands. His hands were hairy. And I mean really hairy. But not like that, it looked like the hair was incredibly soft.. like cat fur. It was a very light grey colour also very well cleaned. His figure nails were normal, with small nails. My eyes traveled up to his face and and I was beyond shocked. Just as his hands, a whitish grey coloured fur covered his face. He had a cute pink button nose like a small kitten. White long whiskers that went all the way past his hair. His slit like cat eyes a beautiful sky blue with a white rim around them. Not to mention he had cat ears on the top of his head, curly white hair all around them.

"You're in your own mind Clary. And I'm here to help." He smirked watching my shocked face turn to wonder to confusion in a matter of seconds. I pulled my base from his ears and to his eyes. "My own mind? Are you saying I'm trapped in my head!?" I exclaimed suddenly feeling more panicky. My palms had started to sweat and I have started pacing in front of the cat man. This can't be good. Sweet baby Jesus i really have gone insane! What the hell is happening to me? "You're not trapped. You are simply stating here for.." he trailed off and I sneaked a small glance at him to see cat man looking at his watch. "Not much longer. So soon you should be waking up." Cat man replied, making eye contact. "Wake up? Am I in a coma or something? Listen I need you to help me figure out ways wrong. You are here to help right?" I asked nervously, knowing hes job was to help me but not knowing if he actually would. He's a cat for fuck sakes! I don't know anything anymore. He let out an annoyed with before softly and carefully explaining the situation to me as if I wouldn't understand.

"You were in a car accident with your brother Jonat-" I cut him off by choking on a sob trying to escape. Was he hurt? Oh god. Its all coming back now. The party. The brothers fighting. Driving back home. Jon ignoring me. The conversation.. I didnt exactly understand what he was trying to say or what the purpose of it was but what I do remember is the last thing he said to me. Right before the truck hit us, he told me he loved me. And I never got to tell him how much I loved him. He could be dead for all I fucking know! My mind rambling and pity session was cut off by Cat man. "He's going to be alright. He's just in a Coma that will take him quite a while to wake up from. But regardless his injuries are not bad discounting the stitches he needed for his stomach.  . He fit his head pretty bad but you on the other hand just bruised your right leg pretty bad." He finished looking lightly out of breath and extremely guilty and concerned.

Small slight tears rolled down my face as I processed this new information. He was going to be ok. And so am I. I smiled stiffly up at the Cat Man, thankful. I don't know how or why but talking to him makes me feel like I dropped a load off my shoulders. I feel slightly better then I have in a while. I feel stress free for once in a long time. Of course I never forgot my brother and I were in a car crash, but I just somehow feel better then i ever have. I feel like future is clearer and more bright. Like I now know what I'm going to do with my life. He gracefully stepped closer to me once again and grabbed my hand. I stood still, watching him the whole time. "Well it looks like you're about to wake up now. It was an honour meeting you Clarissa." Cat man gently kissed my hand well staring up into my eyes making me blush slightly embarrassed. All around a small light came I to view, slowly becoming righter and brighter and brighter. "I still never got your name." I stated well trying to see Cat man still. His eyes and his bright smile stayed with me the whole time, even after it was too hard to see anything. I could still see his eyes.

"Chairmen Meow, and I'm here to help people whenever they need it most in their lives."

***
Thoughts? Didn't think Chairmen Meow would be featured in this chapter now did you? 😂 If you thought that was a shock well.... There's a lot more surprises in store.

And if you have any questions or concerns feel free to private message me. Because I answer your questions there. I don't really tend to look nor answer questions in the comments.

Please leave a Cheeky vote and comment. I'll be updating soon.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you!

Raylinn ✌