Chapter 29

Edward rushed past the forest. Time was precious and it was going against them. He looked to his right and saw the reddish brown wolf following him on his trail, Bruce, was always fast. Graham's tawny wolf was close by. He missed his silent assassin, Shawn, but Mia's protection was far more important. Mia was emotional, she was the first person to rush out , luckily, he had healed enough to block her. After consoling her for some time, she managed to tell him about the shorter routes to the Knight territory and handed him antidotes for silver and wolfsbane. Edward feared the worst, from Michael's distressed howl, as he was closing on the Knight territory, he tried to connect with Michael, but the mind link was noisy.

"Alpha , Graham smells the hint of lemon. ",Bruce informed. Edward's wolf stopped and took a whiff, the lemony scent was mixed with something wild, he could not put a word to it, but it made him aware that the wolf was was different, may be even feral. He turned around and faced his warriors and said,

"We enter quietly, remember the Knight's scent is smoky. Don't hesitate to kill any wolf with lemony scent.Clear ? ", He waited

"Yes Alpha.", was the resounding answer from his warriors. Soon they entered the pack grounds of Knight territory. The war was bloody, and the Knights were in a peculiar condition. They could not transform into their wolves completely. Some had wolf torsos and some had wolf paws, and then there were others who did not transform at all, they were easily overpowered by the feral rogues. Edward did not hesitate, his wolf urged him to locate Michael. His killer senses got heightened, as he switched on his "killing machine" mode.

Silver and wolfsbane was heady concoction, and Michael, could feel his senses becoming numb. He had to fight, for his pack, for his children and for his mate. So he used his strength to take large swipe at the dark wolf above him. This wolf was strange, he had commanded Michael to use his distress howl,along with his pack. Michael's mind was sluggish, ever since breakfast. His condition worsened as the day progressed, and in the evening he received an unusual message from the guards, that they could not transform into their wolves. It was clear to him now, that the poisoning was not limited to BlueMoon but also towards them.

"Don't worry Michael, I dont want to kill you. At least not now.", a raspy voice entered his mind. He was stunned, only the Royal family had the ability to mind link with anyone.

"Oh don't be surprised! I am the actual Royal, the future King after all. The hidden half brother of the present Royal king. ", and he looked down at Michael's eyes filled with contempt.

"You better not show contempt Michael, or I'll take your eyes first, actually I'll enjoy gorging Edward's also. " Michael could not help but take a swipe at Royal wolf, but it was ineffective, as the pressure on his forepaw increased and the bone cracked.

"That should be enough. Next time it will be your neck. Oh Edward has entered. excellent my plan is in action." Michael was horrified, this simply translated that Mia was in danger, and then he decided, if this was the last war of his life, then he would die fighting it, and with that he drew his last strength, and kicked the wolf with his hind legs. It stunned his opponent , as he was momentarily misbalanced, it was enough for his wolf to attack the muzzle,and go for its neck. His opponent was stronger and flipped him off even before he could injure the neck, and right now his own neck was in the enemy's jaws.Just as he felt the pressure on his neck increase, a warning growl appeared from nowhere, and he felt the wind knocked out his opponent, Edward had arrived. Michael feebly looked up at him, trying to communicate with his eyes, that Mia was in danger. Edward's charcoal wolf however chased the Royal wolf and started attacking.

"Stupid Boy, what on earth was he thinking ?", Philip thought to himself while entering the forest close to the Knight territory. Philip was alarmed to hear the distant distress howl, or false distress howl, by the time he managed to contact Mia, it was clear that Edward had signed up for a death mission. He was sure that BlueMoon would be under attack, and thus the Wind Wolves joined the ongoing war. Chase Kindheart, Mia's pig headed brother added more complications when he decided to go out on his own with his trusted band of warriors, with no strategy whatsoever. Right now they were surrounded with stupid rogues, Phillip looked at his Beta, and they attacked.