Chapter 15

Mia felt content, the way the Blue Moon Pack received her. They were known to be a pack of fearless warriors, some called them "Killing machines", but they were always preferred as trusted allies. However since the last few years, the pack had only one duty, they searched for the culprits behind the death of their previous Luna. Mia felt she indeed had big responsibility, and she thought perhaps the previous Luna was a great nurturer, as the wolves in this pack might have looked fierce, but they respected and loved their alpha. It was evident, the way , the wolves always hovered around her protectively. 

 Edward had told them about her wolf-less condition. If they were shocked, they didn't show it, instead all of them surrounded her in a protective cocoon. They did not treat her as a fragile being, instead they were ready to ask for suggestions, volunteer , to assist her in every thing. So much so, right now, her plate  was heaped with nutritious food, the she-wolves thought, that their Luna should have adequate energy to put up with the pack of temperamental warriors.

"Eat what you can Mia,". Edward looked at her plate, and thought why was she so hungry in the first place, then he realized his pack members went over board. Who would have thought a pack of hardened warriors would go gaga over his chosen human mate.

I would.

Ofcourse you would, you called her Mate in the first place.

Err... Do you regret?

It will take time getting used to, but I don't.

The pack definitely missed Olivia so much.

I am surprised that they warmed up to her so quickly.

We will still go out for Olivia's culprits. Remember that.

Always. Thanks for understanding me, and for Mia.

"Ed, I couldn't refuse them, they brought it with so much of love," Mia began, but then she saw Edward's eyes were changing colors grey to silver and back to grey. " Do you want a drink?", she asked him, when he didn't answer, she smiled and then went towards the water jug, filled up the glasses. As she handed him the glass, "Did you call me Ed?", He gripped her hand. 

Mia felt tense, she noticed his eyes went a tad bit darker, and the grip went tight, she would bruise soon, so she said, "I won't say it anymore.", and looked down. But then she was once again swamped up against his broad chest, "Does it answer your question?".  She giggled like  a child  and shook her head.

By night time, Mia was mortified, she didn't realize that they would have to share the same room. The same bed also. She was afraid,  what if she kicked him in sleep, or even worse grabbed him... She blushed at that thought,and finally said " Ed, I should take the couch."

She was answered with a soft growl, that was so helpful, until he said , "Your not sleeping on the couch Mate. Neither am I. We take the bed."

"But..."

"But nothing." He literally pushed her on the bed. Mia was irritated now, she didn't like getting dragged like doll so she snapped at him, "You didn't have to push."

"I know, but you were being ridiculous, let's just say your lucky, I didn't..."

A knock interrupted them and he said "What?". He heard her mumbling "how rude", and turned to look at her with a pointed glare,  and she predictably got flustered.

"Your energy drink Alpha." He mind linked the kitchen boy to enter, and then took a large gulp of the green drink in a tall glass, as the kitchen boy left. It tasted "bleh", until Mia said  "Can I take a sip?" He simply nodded.

Mia did take a sip, the metallic taste did not go well with her, so  she finally asked "What is the green thing actually?" Edward said ," Some veggies, Olivia used to make them for me...." He couldn't continue. He felt foolish, Mia probably would not like him anymore,

"You know She was a great Luna, I have big shoes to fill."

"You don't have to. The pack love you just the way you are."

"Thank you." She blurted out, when she finally realized that this pack had actually respected her as a Luna, and not with pity. She made herself comfortable and snuggled into the comforter and said, " Ed I want to make that drink tomorrow."

"Ok" For some reason Edward couldn't help but smile. He whispered "Mia" and then smiled once again.