Chapter 14

It was never easy to leave her parents as they were all misty eyed. Mia knew this was a temporary arrangement, but even then... Chase literally punched Zach , and blamed him for the entire fiasco. Zach had oodles of patience, even if he was hurt, his face did not reflect it, Mia hugged both of them and said "Everything will be fine. I'll visit soon." Chase engulfed her in a warm bear hug, after some time he took a step back and smiled. Rosie came forward and brushed his shoulder, he was smiling, but his eyes were getting glassy, he pinched his nose and finally said , " Be happy Mia. And don't forget your poor brother." Rosie gave her a gentle smile, and said , "Besides you both have to come for our marriage Right?"

"Yeah", Mia replied happily. Then she was about to continue when Rosie winked at her mischievously as Edward said, "We have to go now Mia." and grabbed her hand. She couldn't help blushing. With a final look at her home, she bid goodbye to them with smiles. Edward meanwhile had started his car, he was not happy with himself, but to his credit he did allow Mia to bid her brother goodbye.

Blue Moon territory was not that far from their place, when Mia was small, at least two packs used to roam around those forests, Silver Mist and Red Moon. Silver Mist was wiped out shortly after the alpha rogue war, and Red Moon soon followed. The Blue Moon pack had provided shelter to surviving members of Red Moon, and thus expanded their territory closer to KindHeart. 

The forest in Blue Moon, was far more dense, but it wasn't mysterious, in fact, it was bustling. She saw deers peeking out from their graze to watch their car pass by. Rabbits, and bunnies scampering away. One would think that the wolves did not hunt at all in these forests.

"We do hunt, only when the deer population goes out of hand",Edward answered. Mia didn't think he was also mind reader , so she asked "How?". 

"Everyone who is visitor always asks us this question, and they are always so  excited to see the deers and bunnies", he replied.

"Edward, I'm sorry for the ..", she couldn't continue, she felt awkward especially now that she realized she has developed a teenage crush over him. So she looked away from him. Edward and his wolf did not like that she was avoiding him for his outburst at the hospital, he wanted her to feel comfortable at least around him, he didn't know why, but he felt he had to.

"Its done Mia. You don't have to apologize. Just remember, over here we function quite differently from your pack. ", and he ended the conversation.

" How different is it?", she asked

" You'll see soon.", he replied.

With that she discovered that they had made way to Blue Moon Estate. It seemed like that Blue Moon did not have a single pack house. Instead they had rows of villa style bungalows. They seemed to be interconnected yet provided adequate amount of privacy. Finally they stopped in front of well-maintained lawn, and not so far from it was a beautiful bigger bungalow, Alpha House. 

She found that a crowd had gathered around the car. Edward slipped out and went to her side, and took her hand, and then stormed in front of the crowd. Mia had no time to think between her admiration of Edward's chivalry and irritation at being dragged .

He cleared his throat, gosh even that sounded sexy. She desperately tried to contain her giggle and ended up blushing.  He shook his head and said,

"Blue Moon Pack, please welcome your new luna. Mia Kindheart. I request the elders to come forth and give their blessings ." 

Mia was shocked when the pack hooted at the announcement, she did not expect this at all. She felt welcome. She looked up at him, as he was busy talking to a few elders,  their eyes locked. She felt happy although his face was quite expressionless, but she didn't fail to notice the shadow of smile threatening to come out.