Chapter 18

Mia had started working for the pack hospice for nearly three weeks now, soon after her promise, although there was not much to do apart from treating the toddlers and old wolves, in general people looked fit. She was told that there were only two permanent patients in the hospice, Olivia's younger cousins, both of them were found injured after the war, Edward provided them with the best treatment possible, but they were in deep sleep.

 She was relieved that,the poison had not spread as much as she had feared. Then her mind came up with a sudden epiphany, while she was checking the trash bags, perhaps someone spied on her, and therefore they have stopped for the time being. The situation seemed scary, she knew it was too early to inform Ed, but she knew it would be necessary. As she checked up on the older books of medicine, she discovered, that a whole lot of traditional medicines were used to treat only an assortment of cold and fever.She realized , may be they did not require medicines because Silver Mist pack was still around. She couldn't help feel guilty, that shortly after her rescue , they were wiped out, the only pack known to have the largest number of natural healers.

The doors to the hospice abruptly opened and in came a group of giggling young ladies. She was a bit puzzled by their behavior, so she cleared her voice in a very obvious manner. The giggling stopped, and she raised her eyebrows in a very obvious manner. There was a sudden change in the demeanor of the women, they hushed and finally a gorgeous blonde came forward and said

"Luna, you must treat me. My skin is no longer as soft as it used to be. Even my palms .look" There was a muffled laughter amongst the other girls, Mia realized perhaps the women was the pampered baby of the group. Her features were delicate, and she had a dazzling smile, however her concern for her skin might be exaggerated for the others, but not to Mia. She noticed the young girl, definitely had rough patches of skin on her palms, elbow joint, and in general her skin did appear patchy, although the face was flawless. This was unusual.

"What about the face?"

"Yes even my face looks patchy, but i did my make up, so that it does not look blotchy."

"Are you taking any medicines or drugs."

"oh no. I assure you nothing like that."

"But i did start using a new make up kit."

"Do you have it with you.?"

"Here take a look."

The make up box appeared to be normal,but she couldn't take any chances she would give it away for testing. She questioned the young girl, or Sadie as she was called by her friends, and came to know all of them had bought a similar make up kit, but they did not experience the blotchy rough patches as Sadie. Mia however noticed, they might not have rough patches on their skin, but their either they had nail pigmentation or a receding hairline. On questioning them , they confirmed, this was getting dangerous. While she prescribed the medicine for them, she realized that most of them belonged to best warrior families, in fact some of them had historical lineage.It was clear Alpha BlueMoon and his pack of fearless warriors were no longer invincible, unless she treated them. As soon as they left, she rushed towards Edward's office, and entered without even knocking the door.

Her sudden entrance , caused the senior members of the pack  to  be alarmed, because the Luna was known to be calm, and she looked troubled. Edward got up from his chair, and moved in to close the gap between them,  and asked her, " What is the problem , Mia bear ?"

"Ed, the pack is not safe." He became tense, he was sure no one told her about the warning message, so how on Earth did she know about it. He could not comprehend and therefore said 

"How?"

" Someone is poisoning the pack".