Chapter 10

Mia had the most interesting time in the ball, she was quite surprised when people actually recognized her as Dr. Mia instead of the usual pitying looks she would get in her pack. She should probably thank the eccentric Alpha Smith when he dragged his entire entourage to thank her profusely, in fact he had made it his personal mission to be her chaperone throughout the time she was interacting with the eligible people. Alpha Smith was personally rude to a lot of "snotty boys", and Mia could not believe how on earth did she gain another clumsy brother like figure in such a short span of time. However it was amusing, and she felt protected.

She looked around the food section, Zach had told her later, that they were  on a secret mission, to locate the source of poison of a mysterious illness that was gripping the royals. He did not tell her, who was going to be their patient, but she analyzed chances could be the whole royal family were affected by the illness to some degree. The symptoms were quite similar to the case of Alpha Smith's Mate, she just realized that in her embarrassment she had quite forgotten to ask him about his mate and the culprit. As she managed to locate Alpha Smith , who was greatly fussing over his mate and insisted on feeding her, a new pack entered but there was no buzz around them,in fact there was no announcement for the pack.

Out of curiosity as she looked upon them, she felt rather nervous, this was a group of the most fierce warriors, the Blue Moon pack. They were usually recognized by their jeweled blue tattoos, or armbands, whichever they preferred. The pack was known to be led by a powerful Alpha, an alpha who had fought bravely during the rogue wars, an uprising, but victory came at a price, at the price of his mate.

No one expected him to be here. As soon as he stepped inside the hall, it was eerily quiet. Uneasy, uncomfortable and claustrophobic, were easily associated with him. It was shocking that after all those years and many wounded messengers, he actually arrived with his entourage. So did the endless wars and battle scars, life threatening injuries convince him to move on?

His grey eyes scanned across the room, it stopped momentarily at the girl in a pink/peach coloured dress. His wolf couldn't decide on the color, but he didn't care because it wasn't important. He knew that the pest was nearby, he could identify that scent no matter where he would be, and there he was, champagne on one hand moving towards the garden, he moved in quickly and said

"Going somewhere Michael Knight?"

"To the gardens Edward. ..", he replied

A right hook sliced across Michael's strong jawline, if he wasn't a werewolf , he was quite sure that his lower jaw would have popped out. Michael did not hold back, he answered with a equally heavy blow. The testosterone went up high as the men traded blows. It was against the law to stop a fight between two alphas, and even if the other packs wanted to step in, they could not because Blue Moon pack had encircled one half of the room and the other was barricaded by the Knight pack.

Mia never believed that Michael could be so violent, she had always seen him as the caring, strict Alpha. Yet she could not stop herself from trying to prevent the fight when he was getting hammered by Alpha BlueMoon. She barreled her way across the Knight pack, they swiftly made way for her, she almost began crying when she saw Michael bleeding from the eyes. He could get blinded, and the sudden adrenaline rush told her that she could prevent it from happening.

Edward decided to go for the kill , his arms had elongated into paws, the nails transformed into claws, with that he threw a punch towards Michael. There was a sudden gasp, and to his utter shock , He found the peach dress girl swamped in his arms. As she was about to slide to the floor, Edward wrapped her securely around his chest. He felt calm, he felt peace.