Chapter 25

Mia could not help but return Ed's smile sweetly. She knew despite his tough front, when it came to her , Ed was a teddy. She giggled silently. Ed's silver eyes shimmered with joy, his wolf was happy to see her smile, he promised to himself, that no matter what was the outcome of this mysterious poisoning, Mia would be unharmed, and she was definitely not going back to Kindheart, Smith or whoever. If she really had to , then it would be over his death, not before that. With that he tried to move closer to her only to be told,

"Edward you loon, stop coming in my way, I am losing my focus and your not really helping me with your googly eyes.", Jon huffed irritatedly as he was thinking and pacing.

Zach however could not control his laughter and winked at flustered Mia. Mia could not decide whom to kick first Zach or Jon. She just narrowed her eyes at them. Jon gulped, Zach however continued laughing only but stopped himself when he noticed Shawn's eyes changing colors. Now was not the time to joke.

Jon continued however and said "Luna Kindheart did not just inherit the lycan gene, she inherited the lycan alpha gene, but before anyone could ever know that she got married to you Alpha Kindheart, and she was content ruling the pack with you. She was not a danger, but Mia was"

"What?", Stephen cried. He was not surprised with Helena's information, but how on earth Mia was a threat to the alpha rogues.

" I believe I can answer that", Master Ben answered as he entered the infirmary.

"Ben what did you see that night ?". Phil asked tersely.

"I will answer that shortly. But first, Helena is a Royal an Alpha Royal, very rare but a true contender to the throne, if anything happens to it. Whoever got to know the information, didn't want her to ever come in their way of the Royal Throne, so to distract  her, it was simple kidnap her children, Mia was chosen because she was a baby, harmless absolutely.", he said the last few words softly as if to soften the blow. 

Mia really did not feel like listening anymore, she could not remember the horrific events during her kidnapping, but she always remembered those whispers around her being "wolf less" and soon "mate-less". It seemed getting louder, she closed her eyes tightly, and soon found herself being lifted and then engulfed in a strong pair of arms, the whispers did not matter any more. When she opened her eyes, she saw the love in that beautiful silver-grey eyes.

Jon cleared his throat,and began awkwardly, " Well I never really understood why Edward had punched Michael at the Royal Ball, but now I do. Olivia Royal was a cousin to the current King. Again a true contender to the throne, but that does not explain why you hurt Michael, Ed?"

"Its Edward for you Jon", Ed bristled," Mia calls me Ed, and she will be the only one to call me so. Olivia had gone to visit  Knight Pack, why I don't know? I presume to meet Luna Knight, they were good friends I suppose, she did not return as you all know.", he clenched his jaw. Olivia's death was painful, it would haunt him forever, the only time she didn't fight a war beside him, led to her death. Ironic for a warrior Luna. Mia cupped his face tenderly, and he simply hugged her tight. His senses, instincts were haywire after the dratted silver attack.

"So why was your Wife poisoned?", Phil asked impatiently.

"She is a Royal actually, although her father disowned her mother who was a simple omega in the Royal Pack. They were not mates really, it was easier for her to be banished, and she did seek refuge in our pack. Unusual choice, when KindHeart territory is always preferred in difficult circumstances, but the Alpha Kindheart was anything but compassionate those times.", Jon said 

Stephen knew if he didn't interrupt  right now, everyone would know about Philip and Wind Wolves, Jon Smith was a genius, so he said ," Someone is tracking the Royal Blood lines, and finishing up the loose ends, even if they have the remote chances to be a contender for the throne. a Royal himself , but who ?"

"I think Ben would know that ", Phil answered grimly.

----------------------------

Double updates. Let me know how you like the story so far. Is there any part of the story that is confusing/ terrible/ hilarious, mysterious ? I'm really glad so many of you have voted for my story, I can't thank my Silent Readers enough. Thank you for the support. I hope you have a good weekend

:)