Chapter 1; Are you okay?

Chapter 1; Are you okay? (Edited)

"Hey bitch!" Someone calls out making me flinch. I continue walking, tugging my hat lower on my face as my frightened blue eyes flicker along the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?!" the boy yells. I start walking faster in a attempt to avoid him. "Come back here!" the boy yelled again.

My name is Keeva Rose. I have thick, wavy dark auburn brown hair that comes mid back with bangs that frame my face and cover my forehead and I normally keep it in a high ponytail. My eyes are a dark blue, and what most people call doe eyes and sometimes I'm told they make me look innocent and angel-like. I'm a naturally pale, petite and my age is seventeen while my height is 5'3.

I love singing and writing but due to my insecurities, I don't do very much of it. Because of all the bullying, my self-confidence and self-esteem have lowered horribly.

My normal attire would be black jeans and a hoodie because it helps me feel invisible I'm a very shy, quiet girl-that most people refer to as a good girl-who prefers to keep her head down and blend in. I don't like attention which is exactly what I get. I get bullied all the time because for some reason I'm unwanted here at this school so I'm switching schools and living in a dorm room. But on the bright side, This is my last day. My mom found me a new school that has dorms so I can get away from everything in my past. Let's move onto that part of my story. Here's how it starts.

When I was about 13, my dad and my mom started arguing almost every single day. My dad blamed me for his marriage problems and started beating me and this continued for a year until my mom found out. Long story short, my mom was pissed and immediately got my dad arrested and now he's in jail for 20 years, along with his friend, George, who raped me about three times. But, I guess in ways, I'm passed that now. I still have nightmare because of it, I get scared sometimes and have panic attacks but I've moved on.

Now let's get back to reality. The reality where I'm bullied everyday of my life. The reality where I'm not good enough for anyone. The reality that I hate. The reality where I'm currently getting thrown on the ground and kicked in the gut which causes my eyes to well up with tears as I gasped for breath.

I'm kicked again causing me to whimper. "Please stop." My voice breaks. I knew I sounded weak but I can't help it.

Now, the bullies hate it when I try to fight or even give a feeble "stop". So I'm immediately grabbed by my hair and yanked up to look the boy in the eyes making me whimper. "Be quiet, you worthless piece of shit!" I flinch and wince when he grips my crazy brown curls tighter

I knew no one was going to help me. At some point, I'm sure someone will join in. this is what they love; causing me pain over and over every single day of my pathetic life. But suddenly something changed. Actually someone.

"Put her down!" A masculine voice yells. I'm dropped to the ground instantly and look up in time to see a fist plunder into the bully's face.

I quickly scramble to my feet as my savior turns to me with furious eyes. "Don't just stand there! RUN!" he yells. I got a small glimpse of golden eyes before I again, let out a soft whimper but obey, turning and sprinting to the back gardens.

Once I get there, I lean against the brick wall, holding my side where I was kicked. I slowly lift my shirt up, cringing when I see half of my flat stomach was bruised.

"Are you okay?" I hear the boy who saved me ask causing me drop my shirt to instantly spin around to face him. He stands a few feet away from me, his golden brown eyes filled with concern.