Chapter 26 - Cali!

Start from the beginning

"WHAT!?" Stacey, Q, and Carlos gasped.

"But y'all can't say shit!" I panted, placing my hands out.

"How the hell you know?" Carlos said as he stopped at a red light.

"I seen a diamond ring inside of his silverware drawer." I said. "I ain't seen it no time since I got here, so that's a tell take sign."

I thought that everyone in the car was going to be happy for Isaiah. Unfortunately, I didn't see a single smile. Not from Carlos, not from Q, not from anybody.

"Uh.......is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"Why the hell does he wanna marry that bitch?" Stacey growled.

"Huh?"

Carlos sighed, turning down the long California strip that was by the beach.

"We still don't like her, Josh." Carlos groaned.

I scrunched my eyebrows, thinking about the last altercation everyone got into. This was on the day of court.

"Because of the court thing?"

"Yep." Everyone nodded.

I laughed a little, shaking my head.

"Come on, y'all." I chuckled. "That was 4 years ago!"

"That don't matter. We live by the code." Q snarled as he sat in the front seat, lighting up his blunt. "We hate stitches."

"And Isaiah used to live by that shit, too. He still kill niggas that snitch on him." Carlos snarled. "But since he go out with Tyler she an exception, I guess."

"Basically Josh, we don't trust her." Q said, shaking her head. "We don't even do work around her because they know that she could testify."

"Well if she haven't done it in a while, what y'all fearin' her for?" I asked.

"Once a snitch, always a snitch." Stacey growled. "And snitches get stitches."

Carlos looked out of the window as he turned down the small corner off of the strip.

"If she wasn't Isaiah's bitch, her ass would've been dead." Carlos growled. "Trust me."

Damn. I guess some things never did change in Cali. I thought that they felt alright about Tyler now, but they really couldn't stand snitches. And that went for anybody in Schaefer.

I just hope that they weren't planning on murdering Tyler for real.

As night approached, Tyler got done giving Kayson a bath. He had a day off of school for Monday. Instead of going downstairs to eat with Isaiah, she lied in her bed and prepared to go to sleep. Before she could dose all the way off, Isaiah opened the door to the dark room.

"You hungry?" Isaiah asked.

"No."

"You 'ont wanna come downstairs?"

"No."

Isaiah sighed and crawled into the bed next to Tyler, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry fo' snappin' at you earlier, babe." Isaiah groaned. "I was just upset, that's all."

Tyler grinned, turning and looking up at him. They gave each other a kiss, then smiled.

"You wanna know why I threw it away now?" Tyler smiled.

"Why?"

Tyler grinned, cheesing a little.