23. FISHY, WAKE UP!

Start from the beginning

"Do you think we can go out to eat so you could rant on about what you want to the waiter?" He asks, running his hand through his hair.

"Sure!" I chirp, heading towards the door.

"Nah ah ah... Not so fast, little one." Ryder coo's, wrapping his muscular arm around my waist and pulling me back into his chest.

Turning around, I look at him confused. "What do you mean? Did I do something?"

He rakes over my body and his eyes finally meet mine. "There is no way in hell that you're going out dressed like that."

I frown. "Do I look that bad?"

"No!! No oh my gosh, that's not what I meant. It's just that... You... Ugh."

"I what?" I place my hands on my hips sassily.

"It's just that... You look too good. I don't want any guys looking at my girlfriend. I should be the only guy that's allowed to stare at you." Ryder explains, his cheeks turning a bright red.

"Awe! Are you blushing?" I coo, pinching his cheeks. His hands swat mine away, and he leads me back upstairs.

"Change." He demands.

"No. I like my outfit."

"Trust me, I do too... I just don't want anyone else to like it as much as I do."

"But Ryder..." I whine.

"Ave..." He warns.

I give him my puppy dog eyes, and plead.

"Fine!!" He gives in, throwing his hands in the air in defeat. I smirk in victory and kiss his cheek, skipping out to his car happily.

Buckling into the seat, Ryder hops in and starts the car. I turn on the radio, and smile at the song that plays.

I will never forget you

You will always be by my side

Til' the day I die

Ryder and I sing together the whole way. I was singing the girl part, and Ryder was singing the guys part. It was perfect.

Pulling into the parking lot of the diner he took me a few months ago, Ryder opens my door for me and takes my hand, leading me inside. We are soon seated at a booth and a waiter comes over to take our orders.

"What would you like?" He asks me, smiling.

Ryder just chuckles and shakes his head.

"Well... This will take a while. Get that pen and paper ready boy." I warn.

"Okay..." He says, suspiciously.

I take a deep breath. "I'd like..."

🐠🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟

"Thanks for breakfast Ryder. I had a great time. The look on that guys face was priceless!" I gush, chuckling at the memory.

"Yea, it was hilarious. I'll see you soon. Maybe I could take you on another date in the near future." He suggests, kissing my forehead before winking and walking back to his car.

"I love you!" I shout out to him.

"I love you more!" He shouts back before getting in his car and driving away.

Walking into my house, I find Brooke sitting on my couch watching Paw Patrol.

"Hey... What's up?" I ask, curious.