A Rescue, a Storm, and a Butt Slap

It's not another week later when we get another call from Miss Mandy. But that's fine with me. I like the ocean.

I let go of Little Connor's hand before stepping with my right foot onto the Aquila.

"Please come back soon," he pleads from Diana's side on the docks.

I give him a smile. "I promise." He waves to me until we leave the bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahoy, Bobby!" Amanda's voice is heard as we all turn our heads towards a woman waving to us from a small row boat.

"Do you trust her?" Connor asks Mister Faulkner as I approach them putting my captain's hat back on my head.

"With my life, captain," Faulkner replies to Connor with a small grin.

When she approaches the Aquila, on her boat, Robert or "Bobby," helps her up like a real gentleman. I find it so adorable.

"Hello. Name's Amanda," She says to Connor and I shaking our hands. I give her a small nod. "You two must be the captains." Connor nods.

"Now - what's all this about then?" Robert asks Miss Mandy turning to her in a more serious tone.

"You stride into my bar off the piss and looking for officers," She begins looking only at Faulkner. "Days later I start hearing whispers the Ghost of the North Seas stalks the Atlantic again." She looks around our ship and smiles lightly before continuing. "The Aquila has returned and I need her help. Nicholas Biddle now sails for the Patriots, captaining the Randolph. But the man is raiding up and down the coast 'round Nantucket claiming it's a Loyalist post."

"Dirty, rotten, lying, bastard," I mutter crossing my over my chest sort of looking like a little kid pouting. I see Connor trying not to smile.

"Where is he now?" Connor asks Amanda after he composes himself still trying to ignore my comment.

Suddenly, we hear cannon fire and gunshots off in the distance. It's impossible to see with all the fog and dark clouds covering the night sky and blackening the ocean waves.

"Speak of the Devil," Amanda says quickly as we turn our heads to the cannon fire in the distance.

"Head below deck, Mandy," Faulkner says as he ushers Amanda towards the stairs at the center of the main deck. "It's safer there."

"I want to see this for myself," Connor says as he turns towards the main mast at the center of the deck.

"I'm coming with you," I say as I quickly follow him.

We walk up to the rope that will take us straight up instead of climbing up the whole way. Connor turns to me, "You better hold on," He says with a grin.

I smile as he wraps a strong arm around my waist. He cuts the rope and we go flying up to the top of the mast. Connor, being the gentleman that he is, helps me up to where we can jump to the other mast. We hop and run along one of the sail lines to get to the first mast. I climb up first and Connor follows me into the crow's nest.

Connor lowers the spyglass from his eye and hands it to me. We crouch together on the crow's nest as we take turns using the spyglass.

"It is the Randolph attacking a merchant ship near that fort," Connor says to as I watch the skirmish. "But why?"

I turn and give him my famous annoyed look after dropping the spyglass into my lap. "He's trying to get our attention and because he wants something."