Some Pictures, a Knock Out, and a Chase

Revolution

Some Pictures, a Knock Out, and a Chase

"Come on, just one more."

"No."

"Pretty please with sugar on top?"

"This is silly!"

"But it's fun!"

"I am not doing it."

"Just one more, I promise."

"Ugh, I hate it when you give me those puppy dog eyes, you know that?"

"Yes, I know. That's why I do it. But I know you love me for it."

"That I do."

"Now please simile this time!"

I hold the phone above our heads as I rest my head next to Connor's. I put on a cute smile as I flip the camera to front-facing while Connor puts on one of his adorable grins which he's used in almost all of the thirty-odd pictures I took of him that day.

It was a beautiful fall afternoon. We lay in the soft green grass; the clouds above our heads were white, large, and puffy. The air smelled of timber wood that Terry and Godfrey were cutting nearby and the fresh bread Prudence was making in her oven outside. Birds call out to one another in the threes above. For this one moment, everything is perfect.

But then my thoughts travel back to the situation at hand...

It has been a few weeks since Connor and I were at Bunker Hill. I told Connor everything about the woman and my choice and the things I saw. But he still has the scar on his stomach as a cold reminder of that night. Now the Templars think Connor is dead. But not for long...

Our enemy is tenacious. When money failed them, they took force. But Connor and I have slain Johnson and Pitcairn both, ending their plots. George Washington now rallies the colonists and their march towards freedom begins in earnest. Little wonder then, the Templars want him dead. They seek to shape this land into something cold and ordered. Something soulless. And he is an obstacle. We must save him, that his cause may flourish and Connor's people remain safe. But the more we prod, the greater chance we are discovered. The Templars believe their men lost to the revolution. In their eyes, the Assassins are gone and scattered- no longer a threat. But I fear they will soon discover the truth and us along with it. We must tread carefully...

"What are you kidding me?" I exclaim. "That's not even a smile!"

"Yes, it is!" Conns says in protest.

"Not in my book!"

Connor rolls over a bit so he is propped up on one shoulder looking down at me. "Then what is in your book?"

"Well," I begin. "A lot of things, actually. Like, for one thing how to properly smile, my favorite foods, what I like to do, what I miss, oh, and-"

Connor leans down and presses a soft lingering kiss to my lips. I smile against his mouth as I bring my hand to the back of his neck. It was in moments like these, that I was thrilled to be dumped here.

"That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up," I said a bit breathless after Connor pulls away.

Connor softly chuckled before getting to his feet as he pulls me up effortless with him. "No, I think it is that and I just like to kiss you," he says grinning at me.

I feel my cheeks flush a red and smile creep into my lips.

We walk back into the manor to be greeted by Desmond, our large gray Great Dane. He wags his tail as he pants happily.